Epilogue - 2

Madison

Our time in Italy was coming to an end and that made me sad.

Our flight back to Canada was tomorrow night, and today was Harry's last day shooting for Vogue. Now we were just walking along the beach by the hotel we were staying at the last two days, watching the sun set beautifully.

"Would it be inappropriate if I said I wanted to motorboat you?"

Harry turned to me like I had ten heads, raising a brow at my comment while I stared at his exposed chest. His boobs might be bigger than mine.

"I worry about you sometimes." He sighs, reaching up to button his shirt more so I wouldn't be able to stare at his chest.

"Hey, I'm serious." I say through a smile, pushing his hands away from his shirt so he would leave the buttons alone.

"Pay attention to where you are walking before you fall on your ass." He chuckled, locking his hand in mine.

Pretending to be offended, I push him as hard as I can towards the water. I guess I underestimated my strength because he went flying towards the shoreline, tripping over his own foot but not falling into the water.

"Tell that to yourse-hey!" I let out a squeak when he charged at me, lifting me off of the ground and over his shoulder. I got a view of his ass in my face so I didn't ask him to put me down just yet, but then I heard splashing and I realized he walked into the water.

Knowing he was about to drop me in, I latch onto his shirt and drag him under with me, salt water now surrounding the both of us.

When we both emerged, we started laughing while trying to stay afloat. My feet barely reached the sand beneath us so I grabbed onto Harry, wrapping my arms around his broad shoulders. He instinctively held my waist, pressing our soaking bodies together tightly. Our laughing had died down and he leaned in to kiss me. I could taste the salt water on his lips, but I only kissed him back harder.

I inhaled through my nose, taking a breath when his tongue slipped into my mouth. He hummed against my lips when I pulled away for more air, resting his forehead against mine.

Looking up at him while the oranges and reds hit his face perfectly, I felt extremely grateful in the moment. I was in the arms of someone I love dearly, in a place I feel at home; grateful to have him in my life; grateful to share moments like this with him. I was proud of everything we've both accomplished - together and alone.

"I'm proud of you. You know that?" I spoke aloud, catching him off guard.

His smile and the adoring look in his eyes made me melt.

"And I am proud of you."

"Thank you for being with me." I whispered against his lips.

"There's no place I'd rather be." He responds honestly, connecting our mouths again.

I don't know how long we were on that beach for. We lost track of time messing around in the water before he suggested we got out so he could take me somewhere.

I didn't know where he was taking us when we got into our rental car, and he wouldn't tell me when I asked. It was close to ten o'clock at night and the stars had taken up the entire sky. I stared at them through the window, paying attention to the constellations instead of the road. If I had looked at my surroundings, I would have easily known where we were going, but to avoid ruining the surprise I just focused on watching the stars.