20

***Song: Afraid by The Neighbourhood

• • •
Madison

I stirred awake when my phone began to ring on the nightstand.

I let it go to voicemail as I nuzzled closer to my pillow, but a quiet groan caused me to freeze in my spot and slowly tilt my head upwards. I nearly had a heart attack when I saw I was pressed against Harry's side.

But that was not all that surprised me.

His lips twitched into a smile and he shifted on the bed slightly, making me jump when I heard his deeply husky voice in his sleep. "Mm. I missed you too, Mads."

My eyes widened in shock and my mouth felt like the Sahara desert. "Oh my god." I mouthed in horror. I realized my leg was straddling his own and my hand flew to my mouth when a slight poke was felt against my thigh. I squeezed my eyes shut and just prayed that he left his phone in his pocket or something, because if it is what I think it is, we are going to have a huge problem - not including the one in his pants.

I carefully slid myself away from his warm body out of panic and that resulted in me falling over the edge of the bed and onto the floor with a loud thud.

I groaned and held my shoulder in pain. "Fuck."

My phone started to ring again and I had to reach up from the floor to grab it, huffing as I answered the call.

"Hello?" I whispered into the phone, trying to mask the unidentified emotions I was feeling.

"Finally! I've been trying to reach you all morning. Did you forget we have training?" Nick spoke quickly from the other line.

I pull the phone away from my ear and curse when I saw it was almost eight in the morning. "Shit. Uh, I'll be there in twenty." I tell him hurriedly, hanging up and putting my phone back on the nightstand before I got up from the floor.

I rolled my lips into my mouth as I glance at Harry, seeing he was still fast asleep and now cuddling with a stuffed build-a-bear Nick had gotten me for my birthday last year. While I was still flustered from what I had woken up to hearing and seeing, I had to admit he looked cute, even asleep.

If he was dreaming about me and he was hard then...oh god.

I shake those thoughts away violently and hurry to the bathroom. I do everything I need to in there before rushing towards my closet and finding a pair of leggings and shirt for training, focusing on getting out of this apartment.

Settling with a navy blue pair of leggings and a tight black shirt, I change in my closet and slide my hunter boots on over a pair of black ankle socks. Lastly, I tie my hair up into a ponytail and grab my bag, keys, and phone before leaving my room, carefully closing the door so I don't wake Harry.

Louis and Riley were still passed out on my living room floor, so I was careful not to let the front door slam behind me as I left.

• • •

"I'm here!" I shouted out of breath as I walked awkwardly towards the rink from the locker room, nearly tripping since I was in my skates.

Nick's head turns to me and a look of relief floods his face. "Thank god. I thought you got hit by a car or something"

I chuckled lowly to myself. "I definitely got hit by something this morning."