30

***Song: She by Harry Styles

• • •
Madison

Anne and Gemma were coming today.

Harry still didn't know they were coming. He was currently meeting with a client that is a member at my skating club, but little does he know that thirty minutes from now I will be on my way to the airport to pick them up. I had talked to Louis about the arrangements and he volunteered to let them stay with him in his apartment.

"Ouch. You okay?" Nick hissed, skating over to me as I let out a frustrated groan, not even bothering to get up from the ice.

"No." I huffed, resting my hands over my eyes and taking a deep breath.

"Maybe we should call it a day." He sighed, reaching down and grabbing my wrists to pull me up. I don't know how many tries it will take to land a triple axel. It is a skill I have been working on for years since my knee injury, but I just couldn't seem to land it right.

Once I was back on my feet, I ran a hand over my face and skated towards the exit. Harry saw me coming and stood up, reaching his hand out to help me. I didn't need the help, and I honestly didn't want it, but I didn't want to hurt his feelings so I just let him guide me down the rail.

"Are you okay? That was a nasty fall." He asked, concern dripping from his voice as he let go, allowing me to sit down.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I sighed, reaching down to unlace my skates and kick them off, putting the caps on the blades.

"Don't stress yourself out. You'll land it soon." He said. Deciding not to go against his word, I let him have his peace from attempting to bring my mood up. He did this just by being next to me. After he places his lips on the top of my head, he rubbed my back soothingly, but it felt sore in a few spots from when I had fallen a few times. "My client just arrived but I'll see you later."

Nick waved to Harry as he went over to the concession area, leaving me to stand up and grab my skates.

"Are they landing soon?" Nick asked as he walked over to me.

"Yeah. They said around nine-thirty so we should go now." I said, checking my watch. Yes, I wear my watch while I skate. It counts towards my exercise points.

"I still can't believe you are doing this for Harry. You're so smitten." Nick teased, elbowing my side. I hissed in pain and he apologized quickly as we talked towards the locker rooms.

"I just want to see him happy." I answered quietly.

"So you didn't fly his family out because Harry would think it's sweet and admit he's still in love with you?" Nick questioned. I couldn't tell if it was a joke or not, but I shook my head.

"No, I'm not selfish. I just want Harry to be able to see his family because I know how much they mean to him. I made sure they won't tell him I'm the one who flew them out and to just say they wanted to surprise him." Before he can read anymore into the situation, I walk into the women's locker room to grab my bag and meet him in the parking lot.

"Ready to pick up your in-laws?" Nick joked teasingly out of nowhere, unlocking his car. I flip him off at his choice of words and get into his car, shivering and rubbing my arms in attempt to warm myself up while the car heats up.