33

***Song: Canyon Moon by Harry Styles

• • •
Madison

Three days.

It's been three days since I've seen Harry. Ever since then, I didn't know what else to do but avoid him.

I wake up thinking about it and I fall asleep thinking about it. It's come to the point where if I so much as blink, I feel his lips on mine.

~
I sat there frozen when his warm lips consumed mine. His hands were on both sides of my face and he kissed me like he would die if he didn't.

My mind was clouded with millions of emotions and my chest was filled with a feeling I can't describe. His lips still felt amazing against mine.

After I broke from my shock, my hands fisted the sides of his shirt, his body relaxing when I finally kissed him back.

The familiar feeling of his lips on mine was something I didn't know I needed so badly until now, and I was afraid of what was to come after this.

Was this another dream? I didn't want it to be, but for the sake of my sanity and the result of our actions, I wished maybe it was.

The kiss wasn't rough, but it certainly was not gentle. It was needy more than anything, like we were both deprived of something we had gone so long without, and now that we finally have it we were scared to let go. The kiss wasn't long either. It lasted maybe around ten seconds; but it felt like an eternity in the moment.

I don't know what brought me back to reality, but I pulled away, more fear flooding through me. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Harry looking back at me, confusion and fear written all over his face.

"You should go." I managed to say beneath a whisper, my voice cracking as my eyes began to water.

"Maddie-"

"Please." I cut him off, hearing the pain in his voice.

I looked away from him, feeling relieved when he let go of my face and left without another word.
~

Why am I so stupid? Why did I have to ruin everything by making him leave?

I've been hiding out in my apartment for the past two days. I only left once last night for training, but I came straight here right after and didn't leave. I had off the clock training in a few hours with Nick, but I genuinely did not have the energy to go and fall on my ass for the second night in a row.

Currently, I was stress cleaning my room and was now working on my closet when suddenly there was a knock on my bedroom door.

"Mads, it's Gemma. Can I come in?"

Stopping what I was doing, I stared at the door, praying it was her and only her behind it. I walked over there and hesitantly opened it, sighing in relief when it was only her.

"Hey." I mumbled with a forced smile. She smiled when she saw me and I let her into the room, closing the door after.

"Haven't seen you in a couple days. You doing alright?" She asked, worry clear in her voice. I'm surprised Harry hasn't told her what happened.