1

**Gif attached is of Lily Collins who plays Madison Butera**

Three Years Later
• • •
Madison

"Maddie, have you seen my work badge?"

I shut my MacBook and shake my head as my brother walks out of his room in a suit, getting ready to leave for his work trip to New York.

"Rear-view mirror in your car." I remind him, praying he didn't see my laptop screen.

"Yes. Thank you." He kisses my head and walks towards the front door. "I should be back no later than three days. When is your flight?"

"The morning you get back."

He looked at me for a second before smiling. "My baby sister is going to her second olympics."

He walked over and gave me a large squeeze, making me groan.

"Just in case I'm not back in time, good luck. I know you and Nick will place first." He mumbled in my ear while I hugged him back.

"Thank you. Now go before you are late for your trip." I lightly push him off of me and pat the top of his head.

"Damn, okay. Maybe I won't miss you the entire week you'll be gone." He scoffed playfully, and I roll my eyes.

"I love you too."

"Kidding. I love you. Text me if you need anything."

I give him a thumbs up and he opens the door, flashing a smile my way. "Drive safe!" I yell as he shuts the door behind him.

I let out a sigh of relief and open my laptop back up, the screen showing me a list of watches from Apple. Brandon would not leave me alone about what he wanted for his birthday that was coming up in a couple weeks, and it came to the point where I had no choice but to get him one.

He would "accidentally" send me a link to a watch, or "accidentally" leave his tab open after borrowing my laptop.

I grab my phone and scroll to the contact name 'Riley' and she answers after two rings. "What's shakin' bacon?"

"Please, stop answering the phone like that." I begged jokingly.

"Nah, I'm good. What's up?" I hear her shuffling around on the other end.

"Are you home?" I ask her, sliding off of the stool and walking to my room, balancing the computer on my free hand.

"Yeah, why?"

"I'm going to the mall to get Brandon's birthday gift if you want to come with me."

"I'm on my way down." She hangs up before I could say something else.

I shut my laptop and set it on my bed before sliding my mirror closet door open, grabbing the first decent outfit I could put together. It ended up being light denim high-waisted mom jeans and a black Bon Jovi sweater.

I grab my wallet, phone, and Cherokee keys before waiting in the living room for Riley. I swing the front door open after I hear a faint knock and I come face to face with my gorgeous friend.