38

***Song: Nice to Meet Ya by Meghan Trainor and Nicki Minaj

• • •
Madison

"Well hello, stranger. You didn't come by yesterday."

I do a double take as I walk into the stairs hall, finding Zayn following in after me.

"Sorry. I was exhausted." I apologized, moving out of the way and making room by my side for him as we walked up the stairs.

"It's fine. What are you up to?" He asked, putting his arm around my shoulder as I took a sip of the coffee in my right hand.

"I am about to go take my cousin to dinner after I return this book to Louis." I tell him. "What about you?"

"Nothing. I was just about to see if Harry was with Louis because I am bored as shit." He replied, walking me towards Louis' door.

"Oh, okay. Well after dinner, my cousin and I are walking around downtown and she said you guys could come if you want." I offered. Roma was very persistent on getting me to ask the "sexy English men" to go out with us after dinner.

Zayn's face lit up. "I'd love to join." He said in a breath. "Why are you taking the stairs?"

I shrugged. "Good exercise. It's only two floors down." Once we were on Louis' floor, I opened the door and stepped into the hall, holding it for Zayn.

We approached Louis' apartment door and I raised my fist to knock on it.

"Hey." Louis greeted happily once the door swung open, widening the space for us to step inside. "Come in."

"Hola." Zayn and I step inside and close the door behind us.

"Here's your book back." I say, handing Louis the small copy of Song Of Achilles.

He takes it from my hands and smiled, setting it on the counter. "Thanks. Did you like it?"

"Eh. It was okay. Kinda boring." I made the so-and-so gesture with my hand as I sat down on the stool at the island.

Louis gasps and holds a hand to his chest dramatically, making me roll my eyes jokingly. "It is not boring."

"Whatever you say." I sang. "I'm taking Roma downtown after dinner if you would like to meet up with us. Zayn is going."

"Sure, why not. Just let me know what time." He agreed and I nodded.

"Is Harry here?" Zayn asked Louis, leaning against the counter next to me.

Before Louis could answer, all of our heads turned to the bathroom door as it opened, the drop dead gorgeous man I am very fond of stepping out, looking perfect as usual.

He had a neutral expression on his face, but it dropped when he made eye contact with me.

I quickly shift my eyes away to something else, and I hear him let out a sigh before retreating back into the bathroom, closing the door behind him. Ouch. That hurt.

"Is he alright?" Zayn asked, both confused and worried.

Louis just gave a shrug of defeat. "I don't know. I've noticed he's been a bit distant this week."