42

***Song: Know Your Worth by Khalid

• • •
Madison

"Riley?" I called as I knocked on her door.

I've been standing outside of her apartment for five minutes, waiting for her to open the door so I could grab a shirt of Nick's I let her steal from my closet, but now apparently Nick wants it back for a date he has tonight with someone he won't tell me the name of.

I texted her telling her I was coming to pick it up and she just replied with an "ok," so I figured she was home.

Growing impatient, I take her spare from my keychain and unlock her door. It was pretty quiet when I stepped inside, and I picked up Nick's shirt when I saw it laying out on the couch. As as I grew closer to her bedroom door, it was drop dead silent.

"Riley?" I sang, knocking on her bedroom door that was open a crack before pushing it open all the way.

My eyes widened and I nearly screamed when I found her asleep next to a very familiar - and naked - man. I slapped my hand over my mouth and hurried out of her apartment as quietly as I could.

I locked it behind me, still in complete and utter shock. I mean I suspected it was happening, but to actually see the proof was something I wasn't prepared for at all.

I was still traumatized by what I saw that I even forget to put on music on my drive to Nick's place. The minute he opened his apartment door, I stepped into his apartment wanting to burst out the newfound information I just found out.

"You are never going to believe what I just -" I stopped in my tracks when I saw his bedroom door wide open and Louis was putting a shirt on over his bare chest.

"Oh my god, is the entire world having sex?!" I exclaimed, my shocked state becoming more intense.

"Mads-"

"No." I cut him off and held my hand up to stop him for talking again before taking a deep breath and handing him his shirt and speaking as calmly as I could so I could process the last twenty minutes of my morning. "Here's your shirt. I'm gonna go."

I left his apartment before he could get another word in, and I spent my entire morning completely baffled, sitting in my apartment and wondering how in the hell the world turned upside down within the past twenty-four hours.

It was now nearing seven o'clock at night and I was sitting in my living room with Brandon, Zayn, Riley, Harry, Anna, and the baby.

I kept glancing between Zayn and Riley the entire night, watching them each smile whenever they would look at their phones.

While Harry was in the middle of playing with the baby, I got up to use the restroom so I could splash my face with cold water, still not processing this morning.

I guess I can see Zayn and Riley since I had my suspicions, but Nick and Louis? I knew Nick was bisexual, but I never would have expected him and Louis getting together.

After walking out of the bathroom, I drop myself back onto the couch. My heart jumped out of my chest when I looked up and saw my head was not on a cushion. Instead, I was looking up at a pair of sexy green eyes that were looking down at me in amusement. "Where in the hell did you come from?"