28

**Song: Cherry by Harry Styles

• • •
Madison

2am.

It was two in the morning and I was wide awake laying flat on my bed as I stared at the ceiling, still at loss for words with what happened three hours ago.

Harry hasn't come out of the guest room and I haven't left mine. I just stayed in bed wondering if he was still awake and thinking about the kiss as much as I was.

Did he regret it? Did I regret it?

What is going to happen tomorrow when we wake up?

Oh my god. We still have a two hour drive home tomorrow. There is no way we will be able to sit in silence for two hours while the tension eats us alive. No thank you. I will not be doing that.

I turn on my left side, facing the bedroom door in hopes that maybe there will be a slight possibility that he would come back in here, but I know it isn't going to happen.

Sliding my hand under my pillow, I grab my phone, flinching when the light from the screen nearly blinds me. I don't know how I got there, but I ended up on Instagram, scrolling down to my very old posts and seeing pictures as well as videos of Harry and I when we were together. I never had the heart to take them down after things ended, so I left them alone.

Shutting my phone off, I turn over onto my stomach and groan into my pillow, trying to resist the urge to go across the hall and fix whatever just happened so I can get some damn sleep.

After another long moment of staring at my ceiling, I suddenly got the energy to rip the covers off of my body and get out of bed, almost getting whiplash from how quickly I stood up. Before I even knew what I was doing, I was opening my bedroom door and walking across the hall, stopping in my tracks when I saw Harry's door opening as well.

Both of our eyes widen as I stopped in my tracks a couple feet from the door. "What are you still doing up?" He asks me awkwardly, avoiding my eyes.

"I could ask you the same thing." I countered quietly, my voice nearly cracking.

He shifting on the heels of his feet and shrugged, looking down. "Couldn't sleep."

"Me neither." I murmured, playing with the strings of my shorts and swallowing harshly.

Neither of us spoke again. We just stood there in awkward silence, looking literally anywhere but at each other.

The polished wood looked pretty interesting.

"Mads..."

My head snapped up at the sound of his voice, heart beating against my chest. He was somehow closer to me than before, finally able to look into my eyes, allowing me to see all of the confusion and lust behind them.

Fuck it.

I don't know who made the first move, but the tension snapped and suddenly our mouths were against each other's for the second time tonight.

Our hands rushed to find a spot on each other until my hands threaded in his hair and his arms snaked around my waist, pulling me into the guest room and blindly closing the door before pressing me up against it.