Prologue

*Gif attached is of Harry Styles as himself*

• • •
Madison
July 14, 2017

"Call me when you land, okay?" I say lowly, the frown unable to leave my lips.

"I will." He answered in a whisper, his forehead leaning on mine as I reached up and used the pad of my thumb to wipe the few tears from his cheeks.

"You promised you wouldn't cry." I smiled sadly, feeling my eyes pool with tears. He chuckled with me and looked down between us.
I'm starting to wish he picked a later flight because as we stood in the middle of the superpower at five in the morning, I could feel people watching us. 

"I'm gonna miss you so much." He whispered, his voice wavering as more droplets fell from his lashes.

"I'm going to miss you too." I replied, bringing my hands down from his face and sliding them around his waist, hugging him as tight as I could, knowing this would be our last hug for god knows how long.

"Be good for me, okay? Call me when you land and take care of yourself." I tell him as I rest my forehead against his. His hands reached up to hold my face and I relaxed against his comforting touch. "Promise me you will take care of yourself."

"I promise." He whispered, pressing his soft lips to mine. I tasted the mixture of salty tears and his vanilla chapstick in the kiss, and I clenched the side of his t-shirt, afraid of the moment we were to pull away. I moved my lips against his passionately, wanting to soak in as much as this moment I could. I'll probably never get to kiss him again.

My body turned cold when he pulled back, and I felt his lips touch my forehead before he looked down at me.

"I love you, Harry." I sniffled quietly, staring deeply into his saddened green eyes. He smiled sadly and pressed one last small peck to my lips.

"I love you, angel. No matter what happens, never forget that."

• • •