37

***Song: In Your Eyes by The Weeknd

• • •
Madison

"I miss New York." Nick whined as we stepped off of the plane.

I tiredly look over at him with a frown. "Me too."

"I'm not ready for real life again."

"Me neither." I mumbled, mainly because I still have Harry problems to somehow solve. I just don't know how when he won't talk to me.

New York was fun. We got to meet with a coach that would be taking Erica's place for a few months, and when I say I almost threw up from excitement, I mean it.

I have always wanted to meet Surya Bonaly, and now she is going to be our coach while Erica was on maternity leave. Nick caught my reaction on video, bragging about how he has a video to show next year for my birthday.

We got to spend time with Surya most of the time we were there, and she is supposed to make the move to Toronto in a couple days.

Sadly, our week in New York was over and now we have a boring life to get back to in Canada. We walked down to baggage claim and waited patiently for our carousel to start.

"Who's picking us up?" Nick asked faintly, staring down at his phone.

"Brandon." I say through a yawn.

After a while of waiting for our bags, I saw a text from Brandon saying he was here and waiting at passenger pickup. I told him we would be out soon and put my phone back into my pocket when the siren for our carousel went off.

Nick and I got up from our seats and stood with everyone else as we waited for our bags came up.

"You've been off this entire trip. Are you alright?" Nick asked quietly while the both of us waited for our bags.

"Fine. Just...tired, I guess." I brush off, not really wanting to tell him that I almost had sex with my ex in a car.

"You're lucky I'm exhausted, otherwise I would keep asking until you tell me." Nick sighs, covering a yawn.

There were around fifteen bags before we eventually saw our two small suitcases. I let Brandon know we were on our way out before we grabbed our bags and rolled them out behind us, wincing at the harsh wind that hit us once we stepped outside.

Another thing I miss about New York is that it didn't snow while we were there.

"Welcome back, travelers." Brandon greeted as he popped open the trunk, taking our bags from us and chucking them into the trunk carelessly.

"Hey." I replied, hopping into the passenger's seat.

"How was America?" He asks.

"America as a whole is shit. New York was great, though." I answered sadly.

"Miss it already, huh?" He asked, viewing us from the rear-view mirror.

"Yup." Nick and I both respond.

"Don't worry. I have something that will cheer you up." He grinned suspiciously wide.