4

**Photo/Gif attached is of Zendaya who plays Riley

• • •
Harry

-
Three years ago
-

"I can't do it." Maddie cried out in frustration, putting her hands over her face as she laid flat on the ice.

She's been slowly making the transition back into skating since her surgery a few months ago. Physical therapy took a while after, but last week was her first time back on ice. Now today, I watched her practice on her jumps.

I don't know anything about ice dancing, but since the moment I met her, I learned as much as I could and watched as many videos as I could - including hers.

Seeing her happy I actually made that effort, she invited me to come watch her today. I stood at the side a few feet away from her coach, watching the two of them carefully and making sure Maddie doesn't hurt herself.

"Yes you can." Nick tells her, helping her up from the ice.

"Did you not just see me fall on my ass four times?" She huffed, brushing the ice off of her leggings and skating towards the exit.

"Oh no, I did. I got it on video." He winked at her, waving his phone in her face. I held in a laugh, and Maddie noticed, which earned myself a flick on the forehead.

"Laugh at me again and you'll be single." She threatened, but I smiled at how she tried to be mad at me. The corner of her lifting lips gave it away.

"I love you." I pressed a kiss to her cheek, but she rolled her eyes and pushed my head away playfully.

"Yeah, yeah."

My eyebrows raise in amusement as I reached for her hand, pretending to be offended. "Excuse me?"

"What?" She asked, acting as if she didn't know what I was talking about.

"I love you." I repeated, wrapping my arms around her waist and pulling her to my chest.

"I heard you." She replied, her arms sliding around my shoulders as she looked up at me with a smile.

"Wrong answer." I whispered.

"You didn't ask me a question." She looked pretty confident in her response, teasing me.

"I'm not letting you go until I hear it." I threatened, fighting my arms around her back and pressing her body against mine.

She didn't seem fazed by my threat, so I did the only thing I could think of: I tickled her sides.

She squealed and reached to push my hands off of her. "Fine! I love you too!" She says through laughter, and I took my hands from her sides in satisfaction.

"That wasn't so hard, was it?" I smirked, pressing a kiss to her lips before stepping away from her and sitting down on the bleachers while she huffed and walked back in the direction she was heading in, disappearing when she reached the locker room.