11

**Song: Hot Girl Bummer by Blackbear

• • •
Madison

The weather was absolutely shitty, but I'd expect nothing less in March. It was snowing a lot today and the roads were extremely icy so that made my day a little difficult since I had a lot of driving to do.

"Still no sign of Louis?" Riley asks as she opened the passenger side door of my car and hopped in, rubbing her hands together and placing them over the heat vents.

"Nope." I answered, pulling out of the parking lot and beginning our twenty minute trip to Home Depot.

"Where the hell is this man?" She spoke again frustratedly, plugging her phone onto the chord to play music.

"I wish I knew, Riley. I'm sorry." I sighed, bringing my right hand off of the steering wheel to turn the volume up.

"It's okay. I'm sure he'll turn up soon. How are things between you and Harry?" She asked.

Tell her about the dream.

"I don't know." I answered honestly. "I had a dream about him."

She whips her head to face me with a curious expression. "Like... a dirty dream?"

"No!" I scrunch my face in disgust. "I wouldn't even call it a dream. It was more like...a memory of us together."

"When was this?"

"The night we went to David's."

"Can I ask what it was about?" She asked warily.

I stop at the red light and glance at her. "It was the night we slept together for the first time." I whispered loud enough for her to hear as I closed my eyes for just a second, driving again when the light turned green.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, I had a dream about our first time together." I repeated in annoyance with myself.

"Didn't Vanessa ask Harry about his first time? Maybe you fell asleep thinking about it and then you just dreamt of when it happened."

"Maybe." I muttered. "Being friends is going to be so much harder than I thought."

"I don't know how you are handling this so well. You two had the world's most perfect relationship from what I saw." She said enviously.

"I wouldn't call it perfect." I tell her. My relationship with Harry was not perfect. No relationship is.

"Are you kidding? Whenever you would talk to me about him, a smile would not leave your face." She states, making the frown on my face grow. I tried to keep my eyes from watering because of how painful it was to think about the past. "The amount of trust and love you two had for each other was unbelievable, and I don't know how you could ever be just friends with him after that." She finishes just as I pull into the parking lot of Home Depot.

"That didn't help at all." I commented with a sigh, putting the car in park and taking the key out of the ignition.

"I'm sorry, but I just think you should be more aware of what you are putting yourself through." She says, walking along side of me into the building.