49

***Song: TPWK by Harry Styles

• • •
Madison

"Oh my god." I groaned in relief as soon as I flipped onto my bed. "I missed you."

"Want some privacy?" Anna retorted.

"Mhm." I hummed, my eyes fluttering closed. I couldn't even stay awake for long. I barely got sleep on that damn flight.

"Okay then. I'm gonna use your bathroom. Brandon is in his." She tells me, patting my butt before walking off.

"Mkay." I mumbled quietly, and soon I was out like a light.

• • •

Harry

Maddie was coming back today, and I was close to shitting bricks.

Nick had left a while ago to pick them up from the airport, saying that it would be at least half an hour until he returned.

I don't know what I am expecting to happen after she finds the card in her bathroom, but I am waiting for that moment to come soon.

I also came to a realization after she got to Italy, and it left me on a high the entire week she was there.

"Will you sit down? I'm sure Maddie will come over once she sees it. Just relax a little." Zayn says when he sees me pacing around the kitchen nervously.

An hour goes by and nothing happened. Nick even came by earlier after he brought them back, so I knew she was at home.

There is no way she couldn't have seen it. Unless...she did see it but doesn't care. I felt a pang in my chest at that thought, but I couldn't go over there.

I'll go by later, I tell myself.

Another hour passes, and I was on my feet the moment there was a knock on the front door.

Zayn beat me to opening it, and I slumped when it was just Nick entering our apartment, groaning and falling face-first onto the couch.

"Hello to you too." Nick scoffed at me before turning to Zayn. "What's his problem?"

"He's waiting for Maddie to come over and declare her love for him." Zayn chuckled, moving my feet over and sitting down in their place.

"Ah. Well, I wouldn't worry, Harry. She passed the fuck out the moment she got home." Nick answered, and I sat up quickly, feeling a little hopeful.

"Really?"

He nodded and sat down on the seat opposite of the couch. "Yup. I'm telling you, long flights are a bitch."

Relief hit me like a truck, and I relaxed a little knowing that she wasn't avoiding me.

I wonder if she read the journal.

So then another couple of hours pass by and I was currently on a walk around the building with Nick, who was talking about how he had another date with Louis tonight and he was finally going to ask him the question.