18

**Song: All I Want For Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey

• • •
Harry

"I don't want to go." A female voice whined from outside my bedroom door.

I opened my door and stepped out after a long and boring day of resting, feeling a lot better than I did the past two days. I was feeling off yesterday about Maddie's date, afraid that maybe I lost her for good to that Adam guy. She seemed to like him, and it scared me to know that. But after she said they were staying friends, the relief I felt was amazing.

Although, shortly after her date, Brandon showed up with another call from their mom, and it ended in them agreeing to go to dinner with her today, which made my worry grow for them.

Maddie was laying on the couch, her face covered by her beautiful hands and her long legs out straight in Zayn's lap.

"You'll be fine. Just don't say anything that will upset her and you should be able to make it through dinner." Zayn advised, but Maddie scoffed.

"If I breathe the wrong way, I won't hear the end of it."

Their conversation was interrupted by a knock on the front door. Being the only one standing up, I walk over to the door and open it, revealing Maddie's brother.

"Ready to go?" Brandon asked once he saw his sister laying on the couch.

She turned onto her stomach and groaned into the pillow and I held back a chuckle.

"Come on. The later we are the more pissed she will be so let's go." Brandon sighed, rolling up the sleeves of his button up shirt.

"Good." She muttered, pushing herself off of the couch and adjusting the pants of her suit.

She looks so...perfect. The dark grey suit fit her perfectly, styled with a matching blazer while her hair rested along her shoulders. I felt like I was being suffocated by her beauty.

"Good luck. Try not to murder anyone." Zayn waved. She quickly flipped him off before waving at me. I gave her a smile as she walked out, and I closed the door behind them.

"How are you feeling, mate?" Zayn asked, watching as I grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge.

"Better. Still got a headache but nothing too bad." I shrugged, sitting on the couch opposite him. "What are you watching?"

"Not sure. Something about the minds of a criminal."

I snorted at his response, knowing what he meant anyways. I also pushed down a smile, knowing it was one of Maddie's favorite shows.

"What's that smile for?" Louis smirked, but I shook my head and waved it off.

"Nothing."

We sat there in silence, actually paying attention to the show playing on the tv in front of us.

Throughout the episode playing, I got a few texts from Maddie, consisting of "help", "I want to take this fork and shove it down her throat", and "She said I look like a lesbian in this suit."

I smiled and responded with a "hang in there" before finishing the movie.

It was around seven o'clock when I decided to go for a walk around the halls, bored out of my mind and having nothing to do.