10

**Song: Let's Get Married by Jagged Edge

• • •
Madison

"You didn't tell him?!" Nick exclaimed while I sat down on the bench next to him, putting a leg on either side so he could put his foot up.

I groan as I start lacing up his skates. "I freaked out, Nick! Everything was going great and I didn't want to mess it up. I can't just throw that at him after everything." I finish lacing up his left skate and he trades it out with his right one.

"I'm sure he will understand."

"That's not what I'm worried about, Nick. After talking to him last night, there is a chance we could be friends and I don't want to jeopardize that. And telling him would potentially make things go back to how they were when he got here so I don't think right now is the best time." I ranted, tying up skate and putting his foot back on the ground so I could get started on mine.

"But the longer you wait, the worse of a reaction you might get. If you tell him now, there would still be a chance to be friends; but if you tell him later, he might get mad and think you were purposely hiding it from him." Nick argued.

He had a point, but knowing Harry, he wouldn't get mad over something like this...would he?

"I don't know." I sighed. "In other news, David invited us over for a small hang out tonight."

"Count me in. I'll pick you and Riley up later. Oh, and ask if Harry and Zayn can come."

"Sir yes sir." I mumbled, taking a mental note to text David about invited Zayn and Harry. They have met before at a party freshman year of college, so I was confident he would let them come with us.

After our training session, I went home and showered before throwing on a pair of leggings and a brown knit sweater. It was still pretty cold outside, but at least it wasn't snowing anymore.

I got the very enthusiastic okay from David about inviting Zayn and Harry, and they agreed to the plans as well, all of us deciding to meet up at David's around the same time.

He wasn't lying when he said only a few people would be here. It was me, David and his girlfriend Vanessa, Harry, Nick, Zayn, and two of his old college roommates.

We were currently all sat in a circle in his living room playing spin the bottle truth or dare like a bunch of middle schoolers. Sam, one of the old roommates, spun the bottle and it landed on me. "Dare."

He pretended to think for a moment before telling me my dare. "Kiss your partner for ten seconds - with tongue."

I roll my eyes at his childish dare. "What are we, five?"

"I mean, we are playing truth or dare." Riley retorted.

I notice Harry tense up across from me, and I couldn't help but feel guilty. Why? I don't know. It's not like I had anything to feel guilty about.

"That's weak. How about seven minutes in heaven?" Nick quickly responds to the dare.

Sam nods, agreeing with Nick. "That's even better."

I send Nick a glare as he grabbed my hand and pulled me up, earning a few whistles behind us as we turn the corner and put ourselves in the coat closet.

"Don't worry. We don't have to do anything. I figured you didn't want to kiss me, especially in front of Harry." Nick spoke into the darkness.