24

***Song: Wires by The Neighbourhood

• • •
Madison

I brought my fist up and knocked on the bedroom door, waiting for Harry to open it.

When he did, his hair was slightly damp and barely reaching his chin in length, also in a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt. But it wasn't just any sweatshirt. It was Green Bay Packers - specifically the one I got for his nineteenth birthday.

"You still have that?" I asked softly in shock. He looked down at it and then back up at me, his cheeks turning pink.

"Yeah. I didn't realize what it was until I put it on." He chuckled nervously.

"You can't wear that here." I tell him in a hushed tone, pushing him back into the room and closing the door behind me.

He stared at me in confusion and a saw a hint of hurt on his face. "Is it because we aren't together anymore? I'll take it off."

Before he can go to take it off, I stop him. "No that's not why. It's just...my dad hates the Packers."

A look of relief crossed his face before he frowned in disbelief. "What?! How could anyone hate the Packers? What team does he support?"

"Steelers." I answered quietly. "One time in high school, I was watching a game with him and he nearly kicked me out when I told him I was siding with Green Bay. Trust me, if your goal is for him to like you, take the sweatshirt off."

I've never seen him rip off a shirt so quickly before. Okay maybe I have a few times.

I watched as he put that sweatshirt back, his muscles flexing with each move he made and my eyes traced the tattoos scattered on his body. I was biting down on my lip a little too harshly.

I was broken from my trance when he walked in my direction and stood extremely close to me, my breathing coming to a halt when he reached up and pressed his thumb to my bottom lip and pulled it from between my teeth.

"Careful or you'll start bleeding, love."

Fuck.

He chuckled at how my face had been drained of all color and pulled out a long sleeve grey t-shirt, sliding it on to cover himself up.

"Uh, Faith...finished dinner if you're hungry." I invited breathlessly, clearing my throat and pushing off of the frame, hanging my head in shame as I backed out of the room.

I didn't bother looking back to see if he followed me. I just raced down the stairs and sat down at the kitchen island, putting my head down in embarrassment.

"You look like you've seen a ghost." Taylor laughed from the seat next to me. I lift my head with a groan. "Did you accidentally walk in on Harry naked or something?" She joked. I forgot she doesn't know Harry and I dated.

"Nah, she's seen him naked plenty of times so I doubt that's why." Faith added in, making me choke on the air surrounding me with a gasp.

"Faith!" I exclaimed while she just stood there laughing, handing me a bowl of pasta salad.

"Wait, you've seen him naked?" Taylor asked with a gasp. "Did you sleep with him?"