55

***Song: When Doves Cry by Prince

• • •
Madison

I didn't realize how much I needed a day with Riley until today.

After my amazing date with Harry a couple days ago, we got to wake up next to each other undisturbed, and I've never felt more content in my life.

That was until Brandon finally moved out today. It was a very sad moment for us. I showed up at Riley's this morning in tears, emotional that my brother was gone and I now lived alone.

Harry didn't know Brandon left yet, or that he was even moving out. He had a few photoshoots to do today so I haven't seen him since early this morning when I was half awake saying bye to him.

So to cheer me up, Riley took me to the mall and we were there most of the day. It was around seven by the time we got back from our day out. We stopped at Walmart after we had dinner and got stuff for baking so we can hang out at her apartment and watch the Step Up series.

We are currently in her kitchen making cupcakes for whatever reason and dancing to my throwback playlist. Riley is making red velvet cupcakes while I am making carrot cake cupcakes, knowing Harry loves carrot cake more than life.

We didn't let the sound of the front door opening stop us from belting out the lyrics to When Doves Cry by Prince as it blared from her tv.

Zayn and Harry appeared on the other side of the counter, mouthing something to us but we couldn't hear them over the music.

I ignore what they were saying, too busy whisking my batter with a whisk and singing along. If my friends have learned anything, it's to not interrupt me when I am singing Prince.

Harry leaned his head on the counter, watching me with a wide grin on his face.

I lift the whisk to my mouth and sing into it.

"Touch if you will my stomach.
Feel how it trembles inside.
You've got the butterflies all tied up." I point at him. "Don't make me chase you. Even doves have pride."

I didn't have to hear him to know he was laughing at how passionately I sang, the way his lips opened and he revealed his teeth, his eyes lighting up. I'm glad he's enjoying the show.

As for Zayn, he is standing there watching both Riley and I get way too into it.

"Darling don't cry." We sang, finally finishing the last few lyrics in one breath. "Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry, don't cry!"

The music faded out and it became quiet, the silence filled with Riley and I's heavy breathing and clapping.

"Was not expecting a free concert when we walked in." Zayn chuckled, kissing Riley's cheek.

"I'm not complaining." Harry commented, winking at me.

I smile and continue mixing my batter, setting the bowl aside when I finish it.

"I didn't realize your girls day was going to last this long. Baking and music? Can we join?" Zayn asked, dipping his finger into Riley's red velvet mixture and licking it before going for mine.