19

**Song: Prom by Sza

• • •
Madison

"I fucking hate this weather." Riley groaned, looking through the balcony doors and out into the dark city, the rain coming down pretty hard.

"I love rain" was my response, laying down on the couch with Anna's cat on my chest. She didn't want the cat around the baby until she got her shots, so I volunteered to watch her for the weekend. Brandon wasn't too keen on the cat being around me, but I didn't care.

My phone buzzed in my hand and I opened it to see a text from Louis saying they were on their way up. "Unlock the door for the guys, please." I tell Riley, switching back to my shopping cart on the Windsor website.

"Let's get this party started!" Louis' voice echoed and bounced off of the walls of the apartment as he walked in alongside Zayn and Nick, approaching me as I scrolled through the dress options. "You are looking at the master of all card games."

"We'll see." I sang, tapping on a satin red dress with a v-neck. I showed the screen to the cat and asked "what do you think?"

He let out a quiet meow before licking his foot.

"You're right. I don't have the boobs for it." I said, switching the page to a different dress.

I heard a laugh and looked over my phone to see Harry walking towards me. "Is that poor thing torturing you?"

"No." I answered.

"I was talking to the cat." He said, bending down next to my chest and petting the animal gently. I glared and flipped him off, but he flipped me off right back.

Just as I was about to show Leo another dress, I felt an itch in my nose. I guess Harry knew I was about to sneeze because he grabbed the cat off of my chest right as it happened.

"Bless you." He chuckled. "I'll hold onto him for a while."

"Thanks." I mumbled, rubbing my eyes and setting my phone down.

"I finished setting them up. Let's play some cards." Riley announced.

I got up from the couch and walked over to the table, sitting in my seat next to the balcony door. I pick up my own cards, waiting for Zayn and Louis as they sat down in the other two empty chairs around the table. Harry sat on the opposite end across from me, the tiny orange cat purring in his lap.

Sometimes having to stay in because of the weather isn't all that bad. I would usually use this time to have a game night with my brother and Riley, but since Brandon was with his girlfriend, Riley suggested we invite the guys.

We only played a couple rounds of uno before we got bored of it, and then Louis suggested we play another game.

"Let's play monopoly." He says. Since I was drinking water, I nearly spit it out when the first thing that came to mind was Harry, and he looked at me knowingly as he fought a smirk.

Zayn glanced between the two of us with a look of suspicion, but he didn't say anything.

• • •
February 24, 2017