21

***Song: #icanteven by The Neighbourhood

• • •
Madison

Acting normal around Harry seemed almost impossible.

No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't seem to act like myself. I would find myself smiling more around him, and I would get a warm feeling all over my body, and it all terrified me because I knew that feeling.

I have come to terms with the fact that my old feelings for him are returning and I had no idea what to do about it except freak the hell out.

"Maddie!" Riley broke me from my very deep and irritating thoughts, making me look away from the blank screen of my phone and up at her.

"Sorry." I apologized, putting my phone down on the couch and paying attention to her. "What were you saying?"

She stared at me in concern, ignoring my question. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah. Why wouldn't they be?" I asked casually, switching from laying on my stomach to laying on my back with my legs hanging over the back of the couch.

"For one, you have been zoning in and out for the past hour; and two, you're biting the insides of your cheeks." She pointed out.

I didn't even realize I was doing that until she said it, so I immediately stopped and covered my face with my hands. "I'm fine. I'm just stressed about...the wedding." I say through a sigh, hoping she will buy it.

As much as I wanted to tell her about my epiphany, it felt wrong to tell another person about that morning with Harry. I felt guilty enough with just myself knowing, and if I could take back telling Nick, I would. I just couldn't risk having another person knowing because then that would be another person that could tell Harry.

"What about it?"

"I don't know...walking down the aisle with my escort. I mean, it's my dad's wedding. I want it to go well." I replied with a sigh.

"I understand that. Who's your escort?" She continued to ask, setting her phone down and paying more attention.

"I think Louis is since he's one of the groomsmen." I tell her, remembering my conversation with Faith at the dress fitting.

"Is Zayn gonna be staying at your house?" I asked curiously since Zayn was her date.

"Probably. Is Harry riding with you tomorrow or with us?"

"Whoever he wants to ride with." I shrugged nonchalantly, praying he would want to ride with them. If I can't control myself for five minutes, I don't know how I'll manage for two hours.

I wouldn't really have a problem if he were to come with me, I was just afraid I would end up saying something stupid, and two hours is a very large open window for that opportunity.

"Eh, we will ask him when the guys get here."

"They are coming?" I asked, pretending to act casual about it when really I was going to slap her for not telling me before I got here.

"Mhm. Harry didn't really want to but I told him you were here so he might." She answered, looking down at her phone with a grin, glancing up at me to see my reaction.