The Annual Dance Academy Dance Recital

Here is the next chapter. I hope you enjoy it. This chapter will involve Deylia Rivers and her dance recital. This will be in Deylias POV.

The Annual Dance Academy Dance Recital

Deylias POV

This was not just another Friday. Yes it was Friday and there was only one more week of this school year. Today was a special Friday. After school today I had dress rehearsal for my dance recital. I have two routines this year. One is a Jazz solo to Breathless by Taylor Swift. It was a slower song so it was perfect for me right now. The other one was a duet with Branden to Let It Go from the movie Frozen. This was a faster song so I was a little hesitant at first when Branden suggested this song for our duet. I knew every word of this song by heart thanks to my little sister Darcy. Brandens solo this year was a hip hop/ jazz mix to My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark by Fall Out Boy.

A few weeks ago Branden and I had told Kelsey that we were dating again. Surprisingly she was happy for us. This year Kelsey is in the recital but she is not competing for one of the spots in the state competition in two weeks. She actually decided to stop competing and focus on her future which came as a big surprise to Branden and I. Once school got out for the day I walked into the auditorium where dress rehearsal was going to start soon. This year the recital was going to be held at our school so it would only make sense that the dress rehearsal would be held on the same stage as the actual recital.

I changed into my costume for my solo. Branden and I had our solos in the first half and our duet was in the second half. I was sitting in the audience waiting to be called up on stage and Branden was sitting next to me. Branden and I choreograph each others solos and then our duet is choreographed by both of us. My performance was just a few before Brandens in the first half. When it was my turn I went on stage and went trough my routine. I actually enjoyed using slower music for once. A short time after that I watched Branden go up on stage and go through his routine. After worlds Branden had decided to change his dance style. This was Brandens first time showcasing his new style.

Then it was time for both Branden and I to change into our duet costume. During the second half of the rehearsal Branden and I got to rehearse our duet up on stage. Branden and I have worked really hard on this routine and it certainly shows. After the rehearsal was all over Branden had to take me home since he picked me up for school this morning. Branden stayed at my house for dinner and then he went home.

"How was practice today?" Tyler asked

"It went great." I said

"I can't believe our parents are making you chose between going on vacation to see your friend and dance competitions." Tyler said

"I know, it is so not fair. States in in two weeks and my trip was not supposed to be until mid July. It is not like competing interfered with my plans." I said

"Does your boyfriend know about this?" Tyler asked

"No, I am planing on telling Branden tomorrow after the recital." I said

The next day I arrived to the recital a little over an hour early to get ready. My parents drove me since they were coming to the recital with my siblings. Before I went backstage to change I saw Branden walking down the hall.

"Are you ready for today?" Branden asked me

"I thought I was but now I really do not know." Deylia said

"You will do great like you always do." Branden said

"This is my first performance since going back to dance. Is it possible for me to be even more nervous then I was before my first performance ever." Deylia said