What Being Adopted Means To Me

Here is the next chapter. I hope that you enjoy it. This chapter will be a shorter drama free chapter. It will be about Alex DiLaurentis Fields and Enzo DiLaurentis Fields.

What Being Adopted Means To Me

Alexs POV

I was in my first class which was orchestra. I was practicing my violin solo for the spring concert this week. I had to play it in front of the whole class several times so that when it was time for the concert I would be well rehearsed and ready to play.

"Very good job." The teacher said

"Thanks." I said

"Do you feel ready to preform it at the end of the week for the spring concert?" She asked me

"Yes." I said

"Did you write that music all by yourself?" She asked me

"Mostly but I also had a little help from my brother." I said

"That is good that he is so helpful to you." She said

"Well he is my only connection to my birth parents." I said

"Is that what inspired you to write this?" She asked

"Yes it is actually about what being adopted means to me." I said

"Do you have a name for it yet?" She asked

"No, not yet." I said

"So should I just call it the mystery song because the programs need to be finished today?" She asked

"I think it should be called my identity." I said

"I think that name really fits it." She said

Orchestra was over for the day. At the end of the week I would be playing this in front of my moms at the spring concert. I feel confident about it but I am still a nervous wreak about it. I may think it sounds good but what about everyone else. Even my twin brother Enzo has only heard parts of this. I have the music completely memorized but I tend to mess up when I get nervous.

At lunch I look at the music sheet a few more times before I tell myself that I will be just fine. I also imagine myself playing in front of a huge crowd in the school auditorium. By the time the end of the week come I am even better prepared.

As I am about to start playing my violin in front of the audience my nerves start to get tense again but I shake them away. I have played this a countless number of times through. I am practically over prepared for this. I do not think I have ever rehearsed this much before. I have spent countless hours before and after school with my teacher to prepare. I have also spent more time on this then I have spent on actual homework causing my grades to slip witch my moms were not happy about so hopefully this will prove it to them that it was worth it.

I love my moms and I would not be here right now playing this violin if it was not for them. I often imagine what my life would have been like had I not been adopted. Sometimes I imagine it better but other times I imagine my life much worse.

Enzos POV

When my twin sister finished her solo everyone clapped for her. I thought that she did an amazing job. I recognize parts of her performance that I helped her with. After the concert was all over our moms and I met her in the lobby of the auditorium to congratulate her.

"That was amazing." I told her

"Thanks." Alex said

"You did not sound nervous at all." Our mom Ali said

"Well I was." Alex said

"Well then you certainly did not show it." Our Mom Emily said

"It was my first solo performance so I am glad that you enjoyed it so much." Alex said

"I think we should go celebrate." Our mom Ali said

"What do you kids want to do now?" Our mom Emily said

"Can we go out for ice cream?" Alex said

"Of course we can." Our mom Ali said

"Both of you certainly deserve it with all your hard work." Our mom Emily said

We went to dairy queen on the way home and all of us got ice cream.

"You are going to be good enough one day to play in the symphony orchestra." I said to my twin sister

"I am not that good." She said back to me

"Some day you will be." I said

"Maybe but I really can not see myself doing that." She said

"Would you like to go see a symphony concert for your next birthday?" Our mom Ali said

"It is coming up so we are going to need ideas from both of you." Our mom Emily said

"You know that I like surprises so I am good with whatever you get me." I said

"I would like my own car."  Alex said

"We will think about it but we can not promise anything." Our mom Ali said

"Now that the concert is over if you can get your grades back up then you might have a chance at getting your own car." Our mom Emily said

I personally reply to all Reviews or PMs from logged in users. I am always open to any feedback.

I hope that you enjoyed this chapter. Please Review or PM me with your Thoughts, Ideas, Suggestions, Questions, Predictions, or Anything Else that you would like to know. Also would you like longer chapters with new chapters posted 1 to 2 times a week or shorter chapters with new chapters posted 3 to 5 times a week? If you prefer I could do a mix of longer and shorter chapters. The next chapter will be up as soon as I write it. I am not sure what it will be about or what characters it will involve so send me your ideas.

Chapters and Characters coming up in the future

Chanel DiLaurentis and Coco DiLaurentis - A chapter about their high school graduation. Again if you do not want a spoiler then do not read the next sentence. They will have a graduation party at their house that gets a little out of hand.

Alex DiLaurentis-Fields and Enzo DiLaurentis-Fields - A chapter about their summer adventures. I have not planned this chapter yet so there will be more details to come. It will be a while before I get to this chapter since I still have to go through the rest of the current school year and the graduation of the high school seniors.

Will Rivers and Darcy Rivers - A chapter about their summer adventures. Will and Darcy will be going to sleep away camp for two weeks. It will be their first time away from their parents and that makes them a little hesitant to go.

Please continue to Review or PM me with the characters that you want to see in upcoming chapters and what you would like to see happen to them in upcoming chapters.

Thanks