Basketball Championship Is Here

The next chapter is here. I hope you like it.

Basketball Championship Is Here

16 year old JT Cavanaugh has the biggest game of his life to play in because his school made it into the basketball championships. His school had one of the best seasons in history. Wining this championship means a lot to the school and his teammates because it will be the first championship win in basketball. The school team has been to the championship game a few times before but has never won the final game.

JTs POV

It has been a really long week with lots of extra practices but the day is finally here. Tonight is the division 2 basketball championships. We are versing our cross town rival school. So no one gets the home court advantage the game will be played in the community center gym. That also allows a much bigger crowd because that gym is bigger then high school gyms.

I am the caption of the team so I have to lead a lot of the practices. The team coach asked me to choose a co caption a few weeks ago. I chose my best friend Tyler to be my co caption. He assists me with all the caption responsibilities. Tyler and I have been working really hard so hopefully our team will win the championship. We have won all of our playoff games so far. The school that we have to play against is known for athletics to but mostly for football. That school has won 13 football championships in there 40 year history.

My sisters and parents are coming to the game tonight. Tylers siblings and parents are coming to the game as well. The whole school is really excited for the game. After school today we have the pep rally and then the team will get on the bus for the game. It is only a 15 minute ride to the community center. As the school day comes to an end the school gym is being set up for the pep rally.

Now the pep rally has began. The whole varsity team runs out under the banner to the cheers of their classmates and friends. JT and Tyler say a few words of encouragement to their team. Then they give a short speech to the crowd. The coach and assistant coach speak after them. The principal and vise principal talk to the crowd.

The pep rally ends and everyone leaves the gym. the team takes a bus to where the game is being held. A few hours later and the game was about to began. A large crowd was sitting in the bleachers including teachers, classmates, friends, parents, and siblings of both teams. Just before the game was about to start the national anthem was sung by two students one representing each school. The cheer leading teams of both school were dressed in their cheer outfits that had the school colors on them. Our schools had the colors of Michigan State which are green and white. Our rival school had the colors of University of Michigan which are blue and yellow. I saw my girlfriend with them cheering.

The game was now going to begin. Both teams were really good teams so it was going to be a hard game to play. Both teams started to score within the first few minutes of game play. When one team scored the other team would score almost right after. Both teams were scoring on almost every shot that was attempted. The score was now tied at 15 with half of the first half over.

Now as the first half was almost over the other team pulled ahead. The half time score was 30 to 25. We were losing but not by much. I know that we could pull through in the end. Both schools cheer teams preformed during the half. The pom pom and dance teams of both schools also preformed. A close friend of mine who is also Tylers sister Deylia was on the dance team and she even had a little solo in the routine. It was now time to start the second half of the game.

The game was tied up very early on in the second half at 30. The large crowed constantly cheered. Tyler and I were scoring a lot of the points for our team. the score was now 40 to 30 and we were winning with half of the second half over. With only a few minutes left we were losing again at a 45 to 40 score. We took a time out to talk to the team. I told my team not to give up yet we sill had some time to pull through. Tyler scored tying the game up at 48 with only a minute of play left. Then I shoot the winning two pointer. In the end we won with a score of 50 to 48.

I can not believe that we just won the game. Everyone that was here to cheer on our team was on their feet cheering. My girlfriend ran up to me and hugged me. I was full of sweat but she did not care. Tylers girlfriend Bella ran down from the bleachers and hugged him as well. After that our whole team went into the boys locker room to shower and change. Our coach reminded us of the basketball banquet tomorrow night. He reminded us that our family's were invited to attend. There would also be an awards ceremony tomorrow night. Awards would be given out for things like most valuable player, most improved player, most points scored, and most blocked points to prevent the other team from scoring.

It was now a day later and I was at the awards banquet with my family. I was sitting at a table with my family and Tyler was sitting at the table right next to us with his family. Both the Varsity and the JV team were at the banquet. We ate a catered dinner and then the awards ceremony stared. Our coach walked up to the front of the banquet hall.

"We are now going to start with the presentation of the champion trophy. I would like to call this years caption JT Cavanaugh and this years co caption Tyler Rivers up to the stage." The couch said

Both Tyler and I came up to the front of the room. The athletic director presented the trophy. On the trophy had said "Varsity Team Caption - JT Cavanaugh" and "Varsity Team Co Caption - Tyler Rivers. He gave the trophy to our coach to display in the trophy case at school. The trophy was really big. I got a smaller trophy with my name and varsity team caption written on it. Tyler also got a trophy the same size as mine with his name and varsity team co caption written on it. Tyler and I went back to sit with our family's.

While our couch continued to hand out the rest of the awards we sat with our family's and watched. Several awards were handed out. After the awards a bunch of video clips and pictures from this seasons games and practices were shown on a projector. Once the banquet was over everyone left to go home.

Please review or pm me with questions, thoughts, suggestions, or anything else you would like to know. The next chapter will be up as soon as I write it.