My Fathers Appearance In Court

Here is the next chapter. I hope that you will enjoy it. This chapter will be about Bellas dads appearance in court. This chapter will be told mostly from Bellas point of view. It will also show what she is going through now that her family is going through a lot right now.

My Fathers Appearance In Court

Bellas POV

I woke up right around the same time that I would wake up for school. Today though I will not be attending school. Today my father is making a court appearance. The court has been really nice by letting him stay home and be with his family instead of waiting in jail for the court date to arrive. The charges against him have already been filed for two weeks.

Things have been really stressful for my parents. They have been to see a lawyer a few times already. They have not really told me that much just that the lawyer is almost certain that my dad will loose his medical licence. It is also possible that he will have to spend some time in jail. It is also almost certain that we will have to move back to London sometime between school letting out this year which is a little over 3 moths away and the end of summer before school starts up again is about 6 months away.

In the last two weeks I have been reading all the newspaper articles about my dad and the charges that will placed against him. In the stories it would mention how my dad was a family man and how he was a really good doctor. My dad cares about his patients just as much as he cares about me and my mom. I came downstairs and I saw my dad reading todays newspaper. There probably was another article in there because today was the court appearance day.

"Is there another story about you today?" I asked my dad

"Yes this one is called "Loving Family Man And Doctor To Appear In Court Today For Charges Of Illegally Prescribing Drugs To Minors Without Their Parents Permission". My dad read allowed to me

"Can I see it if you are done with it?" I asked my dad

He hands me the paper with the story located on the front page. It was a decent size story. There was a picture of my dad in the article with a headline reading " Dr. Wren Kingston Will Face Criminal Charges Today For Illegally Prescribing Pain Pills to 16 Year Old Deylia Marie Rivers Without Either Of Her Parents Permission." This one mentioned how Deylia parents had found out that their daughter was on these pills. It said that they had told her that she could not go back on this pills when she had asked them to let her go back on them almost two months ago. It also talked about Deylias recent car accident and about how her parents found out that she was back on the pain pills.

"Are you only so interested in reading the paper because of the articles on your dad?" My mom asked me

"No, I think that I may want to be a journalist when I grow up." I said to both of my parents

"I thought that you wanted to be a doctor like me when you grow up?" My dad asked me

"I thought I did but I am not really sure anymore." I said

"So then why are in in medical skills for your elective slot?" My mom asked

"I thought that it would be a fun class but considering how much dad has to help me it is also kind of hard." I said

"Well at least you have open options at your age. When I was 16 my dad told me that I had to follow in his footsteps and become a doctor or I would be a disappointment to my family." My dad said

"So the two of you would not be mad if I did not become a doctor like dad?" I asked my parents

"Of course not. You can do what ever you want to do. We will love you no matter what you decide to do in your future." My mom said