Deylia Rivers Summer in NYC Dancing at NYU

Here is the next chapter. I hope you enjoy it. This one is about Deylia Rivers and her summer. She is dancing in an NYU summer program with her boyfriend Branden Peterson.

Summer in NYC dancing at NYU

Deylia's POV

So far my summer has been spent dancing in New York City at New York University. I am beginning to think that NYU is the school for me but I still don't really want to go because I was trying to stay away from the big apple. I am in this summer program at New York University because thanks to my parents it was either the summer dance program or a summer job. My dad wanted me to take the summer job so I could help him out. My mom wanted me to dance at NYU this summer because it would look good on university applications.

I picked dance at NYU for the summer because when I dance a solo at the state level in June I got the alternate position for Nationals. Since then the national committee decided that if I completed a summer program I could compete as a regular solo competitor. Another bonus is that I got to spend my summer with Branden. That was until I got injured and had to go home.

The getting injured part didn't really happen because I faked an injury in order to take a little vacation in London. Branden and I had gotten into a fight so I pretended to be injured and then got away from NYC so I could think. I also wanted to see Bella because I missed her. Here is how it all happened.

NYC was fun so far but I wouldn't be having an fun if Branden wasn't here with me. Dancing is my life but some days in the summer program it is so demanding. We dance every day except for Sunday, 7 hours a day and we only get a one hour break in between. Branden is the one that gets me through every single day. We have to take Ballet and contemporary ballet classes in addition to jazz, tap, and hip hop.

Branden and I had several dances to perform at the end of summer showcase. We had 2 duets, on choreographed by me and one choreographed by him. Then we each had a solo routine choreographed by another dancer in the program besides our duet partner.

The duet dance I am choreographing for us is "Thinking out Loud" by Ed Sheeran. The duet dance Branden is choreographing for us is "Love Me Like You Do" by Ellie Golding. My solo dance is "Fight Song" by Rachel Platten.

Our fight was all because of Katrina Karamakov. She is like Rochelle Cavanaugh 2.0. Katrina is my roommate in the summer program. Her brother Ethan is choreographing my "Fight Song" solo and unfortunately Katrina is choreographing Branden's solo. If only Branden could be near a girl without kissing her.

flashback - A few weeks ago

After classes were over for the day Branden and I were scheduled to practice our duets. What I didn't know was that Branden and Katrina where having a practice session of their own. I don't know why he thought he could get away with it because he won't. When I walked into the dance studio ready to dance Branden and Katrina were making out. I couldn't believe it. Actually I could believe it because Branden cheated on me before and once a cheater always a cheater. I tried to walk away but Branden stopped me.

"That wasn't what it looked like." Branden said

"Really because it looked liked you had your tongue down her thought." I yelled

"Please forgive me Deylia. I didn't mean to hurt you." Branden said

"You said that after the Rochelle incident and I believed you then but I don't believe you now." I yelled

"Deylia listen to me. Katrina was helping me with my solo and we got caught up in the moment." Branden said

"Her and you or just you Branden?" I asked