The Difference Between Teammates And Friends

Here is the next chapter. I hope you enjoy it.

The Difference Between Teammates And Friends

17 year old Rochelle Cavanaugh may have lost some friends in the Kelsey scandal to break up Branden and Deylia but she still had her Field Hockey Teammates. She was angry at Kelsey for what she did but they were still best friends although Rochelle now feels like her teammates are better friends. The one thing she hated about her teammates though was that they do things that get them in trouble with the law because they think it is fun. Even though her mom is a family lawyer and not a criminal lawyer Rochelle knows that getting in trouble with the law should not be fun. She had been in trouble with law several times in the past year but each time they were just traffic tickets for various things like speeding, going though a stop sign, and parking violations. Any more tickets and her licence could be suspended.

Lately she has been hanging out with her field hockey teammates more. So far she has not done anything with them that would get her in trouble as she always bails on them and leaves. Today she decided that she was going to go along with what they wanted to do and prove to them that she belongs on the varsity team. Today there was supposed to be a varsity game on away turf and a junior varsity game on home turf. The varsity game had been cancelled due to conflict between the varsity coaches at both schools but the JV game was still going on at the their school. The team caption of the varsity team was left in charge of holding a team meeting after the game was cancelled. The caption was a senior and the one that was in charge of all the stunts that were pulled.

When Rochelle told the team that if they were not going to retaliate on the other school for cancelling the game then she was going to go home they told her that she did not belong on the team. Hearing that Rochelle decided to stay and go along with what they were planing to do. They had planed to go to the other school and do things like toilet papering the trees, egging the school windows, spray painting the athletic facilities including the fields, locker rooms, and the bathrooms. Rochelle went along with it hoping not to get caught.

Rochelles POV

We got into a few of our teammates cars. I got into a car with the team caption and a few others. We drove over to the other school and vandalized it. Just when I thought that we were going to pull it off with out getting caught three cop cars pulled up as we were getting ready to leave. I tried to run along with everyone else. Almost all of us got caught. Of course the team caption got away with a few others on our team. I was handcuffed and put into a police car with 2 others. A total of nine of use got caught and 3 got away. On the drive over to the police station I remained quit but I thought about what trouble I could get into.

Being a minor I could not get jail time but I could get sent to juvie. Also because I was under 18 my parents would be contacted by the police before I was able to leave the station. I could get charged with vandalism, trespassing, and trying to get away from the officers. I thought about how disappointed my parents would be in me. When we got to the police station we had to give are name, age, and hand over anything we had with us. For me that was my purse that included my cell phone, my key chain that had my car and house keys on it and my wallet that had my drivers licence, school id, debit card, and 35 dollars cash. We were then put into two holding rooms. One room was for the 18 year olds and the other room was for the people who were under 18 including me. One by one we were brought out so the police officers could call our parents.

When it was my turn to have my parents called two officers came and got me. They took me into a room and told me what was going to happen. "We got your parents cell phone numbers out of your phone and now we are going to call them." One of the officers said. "We are going to try your mom first." The other officer said. They called my mom but she did not pick up so they left her a message. Then they called my dad and he answered. I could only hear one end of the conversation but I knew how he would react after hearing that his oldest daughter had been arrested and needed to be picked up. Once the officer that called my dad hung up the phone he told me that my dad was on his way.