Worlds - Welcome To Mexico

Here is the next chapter. I hope that you enjoy. This chapter is still going to be spring break but with different characters.

Worlds - Welcome To Mexico

Deylias POV

On Saturday morning I was on a plane headed to Mexico with Branden and Kelsey. I still had to go and represent my country even though I would not be competing. I was all done with physical therapy and I no longer had my leg boot or my back brace. I was almost back to my normal self except for I have not gotten the clearance to go back to dance. I was seeing a new doctor that I did not like very much. My parents were the cause of this because they caused Dr. Kingston to lose his job. Now my best friend was going to have to go back to London. As far as I know Tyler does not know about Bella yet because their relationship was still going strong. It has been really hard keeping that secret from him.

"What are you thinking about?" Kelsey asked me

We were on friendly terms again now that Branden and I were just friends. I really wanted to be more then that but I guess it was just not meant to be.

"Why I even have to be here if I can not compete." I told Kelsey

"You are the national champion so you have to represent our country." Kelsey said to me

"How would I do that if I can not dance?" I asked Kelsey

"You get to hold the USA flag in both the opening and closing ceremonies." Kelsey told me

"That sounds like fun." I said

"You are also the caption of team USA." Branden said to me

"I have to sit there all week watching everyone else dance and wising they were me." I said back to Branden and Kelsey

"Well you never know what might happen. For once you can spend a week cheering us on and you do not have to worry about us being your competition." Branden said to me

Hours later Branden, Kelsey, and I landed in Mexico. Mexico was a lot warmer this time of year the Pennsylvania is so as soon as the three of walked outside the airport to get the shuttle bus to the hotel we were practically sweating. The three of us were sharing one hotel suite. The other two members of team USA were in the room next to us. Our room was bigger though because we had an extra person.

On Saturday evening the opening ceremony was held. I proudly held the large Red, White, and Blue flag while I walked with my team. There were over one hundred different countries here. I wished that I could dance with my team during the team USA opening performance but I had to watch from back stage. Even though I was not competing in the individual rounds I would still be able to earn whatever place our team earned for the group performances. World is just as much about your team as is it about individuals

The next two days of the competition were the master class rounds. All the dancers participated in master classes except me and this one other girl who was still recovering from an injury and was only here to support her team. The master classes taught Jazz, Tap, Ballet, Lyrical, Hip Hop, and Modern. There also was a master class that taught techniques.

The solo rounds started on Tuesday and would take place over two days. Each individual had to chose two areas of dance compete in. Today in round one Kelsey and Branden were both competing in Jazz. They both did really good. On Wednesday Kelsey competed in Hip Hop and Branden competed in Tap. Both Branden and Kelsey had preformed some of the best dances that I have ever seen from them.

Thursday came around and that was the day for duets and Trios. Kelsey and Branden were preforming a duet. This round was not a required round for the dancers. It was more of like a extra credit round because bonus points would be added into the dancers individual and team scores if the dancer chose to do a duet or trio. Branden and Kelsey would be doing a combination of modern and jazz for their duet. I have not seen the two of them rehearse this duet.