The Importance of Family

Here is the next chapter. I hope that you enjoy it. This one will focus on the same story line that the last one did. This chapter will be written in General POV as it will involve several characters. This is going to be a longer chapter to make up for not posting in over a week.

The Importance of Family

General POV

Right now all they had to do was wait. Wren tried to remain calm but it was really hard for him. Deylia was crying although she tried to still keep a brave face. Liam was doing everything he could to understand the current situation. Uncle George came back at the end of his shift to check on Bella who was now awake and doing OK. A nurse brought some food for Bella to eat and after her dad had a little talk with her she ate it. Uncle George also wanted to tell Wren the test results. They went into the hall to talk privately. Deylia and Liam went down to the hospital cafeteria to eat and Wren said he would meet them in the cafeteria after he talked with his brother.

"You were right about the drugs. She had all sorts of different kinds in her system. Bella is really lucky that she survived. I have seen other teenagers with similar test results and they were not so lucky. She also suffered a minor concussion." Wrens brother said

"What do we do now?" Wren asked

"Bella is going to be in the hospital for a few days so we can monitor her better. Once she is released I can suggest a few Rehab programs. I will leave it up to you and Melissa to make the decision about Rehab." Wrens brother said

"I will talk with Melissa after she gets here tomorrow and see what she thinks." Wren said

"Look I really hate to say this but there is that small possibility that this was not accidental." Wrens brother said

"You mean Bella could have intentionally done this to try and hurt herself or worse?" Wren said

"I know that she has gone through a lot recently so maybe she had no intent on it getting this bad. This could have been a lot worse. She survived and with the right treatment she is going to recover. I really shouldn't be telling you this but just a few months ago there was a teenage girl who died of a drug overdose. Her family will never know if it was accidental or intentional." Wrens brother said

Meanwhile Melissa had just told her boss about needing some time off due to an emergency situation with her daughter in London. He understood because he was divorced and had kids of his own. Melissa went home and called the airport to book a last minute flight. She booked a flight to London that left early that evening and she packed a suitcase. Due to the time difference Melissa would not be arriving until 7 AM the next morning. She drove to the airport because the flight would be leaving soon. While Melissa waited at the airport for her flight to leave she got something to eat and she also called the Cavanaughs to let them know what was going on with Bella.

Over at the Cavanaugh house the family was eating dinner. So far everyone's summer schedule has been busy and it was one of those rare opportunities where they all got to eat dinner together. The home phone rang in the middle of dinner and Toby answered it.

"Hello" Toby said

It was Melissa on the other end of the line. She asked to talk to Spencer and Toby handed the phone over.

"It's your sister, She wants to talk to you and from the sounds of things its important." Toby said to Spencer as he handed the phone over.

Spencer got up from the table and walked into the other room to take the call privately. A short time later she walked back into the kitchen and sat back down at the table. After everyone was done eating Spencer and Toby where cleaning up from dinner while their teenagers went to do their own things.