My Love for Horse

Here is the next chapter. I hope you enjoy it. This one is about Rosie Cavanaugh. This chapter takes place during the same time the last one did.

Love For Horses

Rosie Cavanaugh POV

Freshman year at Rosewood High school was almost over. I had so many horse shows coming up. Some would be showjumping and some would be trick riding. There would also be a few over the summer months that are both showjumping and trick riding. I was in my room reading when I heard my mom tell Rochelle to study because she had finals this week. Rochelle would rather text her friends or spend all night on social media instead of studying. I was the opposite of that because I always made time for homework and studying. I am actually really happy that Rochelle is going to be living in a dorm room at U Penn in the fall because I am tired of dealing with her drama.

Leo and I have talked and we worked things out. We decided to stay friends until we were both 16. Leo is turning 16 next month and I will be 16 in December. I was in the kitchen eating a snack and my dad was also in the room.

"How are you and Leo doing?" Toby asked

"Good." I said

"Are you doing this friend thing because I didn't want you dating yet?" Toby asked

"Yes but that isn't the only reason. I decided I wasn't ready to date anyone." I said

"I'm proud of you." Toby said

"Thanks and I decided that I want you to be the one that gives me driving lessons over the summer." I said

"You don't have to push the driving thing if you don't want to. Not everybody has there drivers licence as soon as they turn 16." Toby said

"I want to because if I wait until i'm 16 then I'm going to be busy with school and not be able to focus on driving." I said

"You are growing up so fast Rosie." Toby said

"No matter how old I am dad, I will always be your little girl." I said

"I remember when you were 4 Rosie and you rode a horse for the first time. From that moment on your mom and I knew you had a special connection with horses." Toby said

Flashback/Memory - 11.5 Years ago - General POV Rochelle - 7, JT - 6, Elizabeth - 5, and Rosie - 4

The Cavanaugh family went on a Christmas vacation to Orlando, Florida. Spencer and Toby had won a family trip to Disney World from a radio station after entering a contest with funny pictures of their was a well deserved vacation because it was the first one they have had in a few years. Toby was driving a rental SUV from the airport to the hotel. Spencer was sitting next to him in the front. Rochelle and JT were siting in the middle row both sleeping. Elizabeth and Rosie were in the back also sleeping. They arrived in the late afternoon so of course Spencer and Toby hit traffic on the highway.

Currently they were stuck in a traffic jam. Cars around them honked and Spencer hoped it wasn't loud enough to wake the kids up. It was only a 2 and a half hour flight from Philadelphia to Orlando but the kids were tired since they had got to the airport early that morning. The family was supposed to be on a 10 AM flight but the flight was over booked and if all 6 family members wanted to be on the same flight they had to change flights and take a 2 pm flight instead.

Soon all the kids woke up. Spencer and Toby knew they would have to nap in the hotel sweet later. Rosie looked out the window and saw a field with animals since there was a farm right off the freeway.

"Mom, Dad, look cow." Rosie said

"Those are horses Rosie." Spencer said

"They why do they have big spots of different colors?" Rosie asked