Break A Leg, I told You To Never Say That To Me Again

The next chapter is here. I hope you like it.

Break A Leg, I told You To Never Say That To Me Again

16 year old Deylia Marie Rivers is at the airport with her family on the way to Los Angeles, California. She is on the way to a nationals dance competition. She is one of three dancers representing the state of Pennsylvania. The Plane does not take off for another hour so she has to sit and wait with her mom, dad, her younger sister Darcie, as well as her younger brothers Tyler and Will. She loved having a big family to support her dancing.

Deylias POV

As we were about to board the plane my dad said

"What do the dancers say to each other before they go on stage?"

"Break a leg." My mom said

"Why would you wish for someone to break their leg?" 9 year old Darcie said

"It means good luck in the dance world" Mom said

"That makes no sense to me." Darcie said

"Mom, I thought I told you never ever to say that to me again" I said

"Why are we not allowed to say that to you anymore?" Dad said

"Don't you remember what happened the last time when I was at nationals two years ago? I said

"No I don't remember" Dad said

"Oh yeah you broke your leg." Mom said

Then we boarded the plane. All I could think about was what happened two years ago. Especially since this was my first time back at nationals. I sat in my seat and tried to forget about it. I couldn't and I was now remembering it all over again. Two years ago I was going to compete at nationals in LA on the same stage as this year. The only difference was that year I was coming as an alternate competitor. It was my very first nationals so even though I was an alternate I was still excited. It was the day of the competition. My friend but dance enemy Kelsey Peterson who is two years older then me and her brother Branden Peterson who is one year older then me were competing. Branden and I were just friends two years back but now we have dating for almost two years and Kelsey hates it. She has been constantly trying to break us up. On the day of the competition Kelsey was practicing for her solo routine and she fell. She sprained her ankle and could not compete. I was the alternate so I got to compete in her place. I was so happy at that moment. Then Kelsey came out to the hallway with her mom because she had to take Kelsey to the hospital. Kelsey saw me and said "I hope you break your leg for real." That meant that it was not just dancer talk. Then Branden comes out to the hallway from another practice room and he had no idea what was going on. He told me that he heard an announcement that I was competing instead of his sister. So I told him that Kelsey was hurt and that there mom was taking her to the hospital. I told him that he should go see what was going on with Kelsey and he said that he had to stay and compete. I also told him about what Kelsey told me and he said not to worry about it she was just mad because she could not compete.

Then he kissed me out of nowhere. That was my first kiss. I had no idea how to react so I just walked away. I went into the dressing room and put my costume on and warmed up. Unfortunately I missed the scheduled practice time. The good thing is that because Kelsey was so good that she was up towards the end of the competition. Finally it was my turn. They called my name and I came out on the stage. I was dancing Jazz to Wake Me Up by Avicii. I was almost done with my routine and I had only made a few small mistakes when it all went wrong. I was doing my last leap and when I was ready to land I heard something crack. I fell back and hit the floor hard. I was fully aware of what was happening but I was in so much pain that I could not move. Moments later the medics were putting me onto a stretcher.