Chapter 16

(Midna)

I looked around and saw that everyone was focusing on the movie. I left my area and climbed on my roof to head to my backyard, towards our giant greenhouse. It's the only place where Sound can find peace. I entered through our doors and made sure that they were shut and pushed through the plastic cover we had before entering. I walked through and felt a shiver. Usually, it will be of warmth, but this wasn't warmth. This was pain. I wanted to shout for Sound, but I held my tongue.

I walked on the path that we had, and then I heard sobbing. I carefully followed it, and I saw Sound. What I saw broke my heart, and it made me fearfully of Soundwave. He was kneeling down, his hands holding his head, his head resting on the ground, and he was shaking like a leaf. He was the size of a human but still in his cybertronian form. If I had just seen this, I would have bolted towards him, but there was something around him and coming from him. The best way it could be explained as it was black sand that was alive and seemed to have its own mind.

I swallowed the lump that had formed in my throat. I slowly walked towards him. The sand twitched towards me. It was a warning, and I stopped.

'This must be some sort of protection for him that he has no control over.' I thought. I took a deep breath in, and it went out slowly.

"Soundwave?" I spoke in a soft voice. I don't know what this protection is, and it would kill him if he had harm had accidentally hurt me. The sand twitched, and I held back a flinch. The sand slowly opened a path towards him before dissipating. I sauntered, and when I had reached him, I kneeled down. I went to touch him, but I stopped. My hand was just hovering in mid-air. It just stayed there, unknown what to do. Then my hand was being pushed down on his arm, and then he stilled.

"Soundwave?" I asked again. He turned his head a little and stuttered out a sentence.

"M-M-Midna? W-w-what are y-y-you doing here?"

"Came looking for you. Are you okay?"

He shook his head. He brought his hands down from his head. I heard him take a deep breath which was interesting since they don't need air to breathe.

'His cooling system must have stopped working, and he needs to cool down his system before he overheats.'

"There's something that I haven't told you. I'm a telepath."

***

(Soundwave)

"Charles Xavier."

I snapped my head over to her. She had a slight smirk on her face, and I couldn't help but smile at her.

"In a way, I am Professor X, but..." I let out a sigh looking away from her and thought how I was going to explain this to her "I can control it, but when my mind sees someone else playing a trick on someone's mind, I lose control. It has to deal with what happened to me in my past. When I was a Gladiator in the Pits. My mind goes into that memory, and my telepath takes over. It can hear everyone's thoughts, and since we are watching a movie, I can hear a lot more than I thought I would normally. I can also do this on a general basis, but I don't like to invade others' thoughts." I explained. I had removed my visor when I spoke to her. I was turning it in my servos, avoiding her eye contact.

"Okay, but what the deal with the black sand. I could only see it for a second, then it was gone." She questioned.

I snapped my helm to her because this was the first time I have heard of this, "Black sand?"

It looks like it was an extension of your will. It looks like it was trying to defend you since you couldn't do it yourself. If you come over to celebrate my uncle's birthday, I'll show you what you mean. Though it's going to be small since it was last minute." She explained. I raised an optic ridge at her.