Chapter 20

(Midna)

I was back home, and Sound had left as soon as we got to my house. I was sitting at the bar counter and looking over what the Cons have stolen already. The items were a plasma injector, neutron shield, and a tesseract. I saw what they needed. My computer was right next to me. I turned it on and logged in, and opened the Nemesis camera. I went towards the bridge. From there, I could see Sound, Knock Out, Airachnid, and Megatron, and they were looking at the main screen in front of the bridge. I plugged in my headphones and listened. I was fast enough to hear what Knock Out was saying.

"The Deception Space bridge 2.0 is nearly ready to launch. All we require is..." Knock Out was cut off by Sound, who started to beep and pull up something on his screen. I already knew what they needed, which helped me to think of the design.

"What Soundwave said -- an ample power source." Knock Out finished annoyed.

Airachnid pulled a military base up that had the power source before speaking, "This one lies within a highly fortified location, by human standards." I growled at her statement, which gave me a weird look from Deven. I saw him and mouthed 'what,' he shrugged and walked away. I looked back at my screen. I missed what she had said since Megatron was speaking now.

"The time of prophecy is nearly upon us!" Megatron closing his fist in a bang. This caused Airachnid to back up and look with Knock Out at the same time. Megatron continued, "We can no longer afford stealth."

Airachnid and Knock Out bowed before leaving the bridge. My computer beeped, and I saw that I had received another email. I opened it and saw it was another image of Sound. Though this one was different. It was from Agent Fowler. It read, "General M. A. Dark. I am Agent Willian Fowler. We've never met, but I hope we can change that soon. I want to tell you that I'm another person who knows about our giant alien robots. I'm the liaison for them. Normally I wouldn't want to involve another General since I have Bryce to deal with too. Though I found out that you deal with alien technology, and you know it better than anyone else. I will leave my contact information. Give me a call when you have a chance."

I read through it a few times before I added his contact information to my phone contents. Then I rubbed my temples. Tomorrow was the day before Thanksgiving, and I could sense trouble brooding.

"Dinner will be at 5 tomorrow, Midna. Try not to be late." A voice said behind me. I jumped at the voice, and I turned around and saw my mom. She had my bag, and from the look of it, it was already packed. I looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

"It will be fine." She said, shoving my bag in my arms. I nodded, and she left. I texted Nitrous asking for a ground bridge. She replied, saying she will open it in a couple of minutes. I left out a sigh and packed my computer.

***

(Soundwave)

I was done with my shift for now. Megatron had planned to attack the base tomorrow. I headed back to my room, and when I entered, I noticed that something was off. I walked over to my berth and saw that Midna was asleep on it. She was in a giant bag and curled up in it. She wasn't smack down in the middle of my bed, though up where my helm usually is. I tilted my helm curiosity and shrugged. I laid down carefully not to wake her up and fell into a light recharged.

~~~

I didn't normally wake like I usually do. I was woken to minor shirk and a thud on my floor. I turned my helm and saw that Midna was off of my berth. I moved to the edge of it without getting up and saw Midna was sitting up with her bag around her shoulders. She was still in it and was looking around to see what had pushed her off if I had to guess. I chuckled a little, and she looked up, and I died laughing. Her hair was everywhere, and what I learned later was called a bed head. Someone who has just woken up and their hair will be sticking up everywhere. I calmed down after 5 minutes and saw that Midna was already up and moving. I finally got up and moving. It was 6 in the morning PST.