Chapter 21

(Minda)

I was texting my mom about the dinner until I had lost my signal. I raised an eyebrow at it. I went on to the Nemesis ship satellite to get back, but I still didn't have a signal. Then my computer beeped at me. I put down my phone, pulled up the notification, and saw a significant Dark Energon signal.

"Sound. Where is the location of Megatron?" I asked. He sent me the location, and I pulled it up on my computer. I could see that he was looking at my screen, and he was just as confused as I was.

Megatron ordered the ship to his location, and when we got there, I felt my jaw drop. There was a volcano spilling out Dark Enegeron. There was one question going through my head, 'What in the world is the blood of Unicron doing here on Earth?'

He had ordered a mining team out to the harvested the Dark Energon. While that was happening, I was trying to get into contact with my mom. I was more than worried by this point since there were now crazy storms and events happening worldwide. From what I could get from the Nemesis, there were seven significant earthquakes, same magnitudes, and simultaneously. Each one is on a different tectonic plate. I had a lump in my throat and swallowed hard. I was now on the edge of a panic attack. I lived in Cody, WY. Which is 93 miles away from the largest super volcano in the world. This was only the tip of the iceberg. There was more crazy stuff happening all around the world.

---

(Soundwave)

Are you alright, Midna?

(Me)

No. What is going on? Why is Dark Energon coming from the Earth as its typical magma?

(Soundwave)

I wish I knew.

---

I let out a breath of air. I was with Nitrous as we were walking back from one of the Energon stored rooms and back to the bridge.

"You okay, Midna?" I heard Nitrous asked.

I didn't look at her, but I did shake my head. She let out a soft 'okay,' and I focused on her movement, which helped me. It was remarkable that Nitrous used her tire wheels to move around. She was always staking, which brought a smile to my face. We reached the bridge, and Nitrous handed me off to Sound. He was analyzing the quakes that happened when the volcano had gone off. There was a sound coming, and it sounded a lot like...

"A heartbeat." I was in awe. Sound walked off towards Megatron and started to play it. It had caused Megatron to double over and hold his head.

"Stop, Soundwave! Turn it off! I can still hear it pounding in my brain!"

I was shocked. I had no words. There was a heartbeat coming from our plant core, and it was a Cybertron. It was more shocking that none of our scientists knew that an alien was living in our...

(Soundwave)

I glazed over at Midna, and she had a look of horror on her face. I quickly left the bridge and went into a storage room. I locked the door and made sure that the cameras were looping old footage. I lifted my servo up to Midna, and she climbed down in a plantation state. Though she didn't stay long her feet. She fell to her hands and knees. I stood there, shocked. I've never seen Midna this helpless. Granted, I haven't known her for long, but she shows that she is not a helpless person from the way she acts. What so ever.

"Midna?" I asked softly.

I waited for a bit then I could hear a mumble. I reached down to touch her, but she jumped up to her feet. Which startled me.

"Do you know who much this information can change the world?!" Midna shouted exotically. I pulled my servo back and gawk at her the best I could with my visor still on.

"What?"

"This information can change what we know about our planet. It can explain the greatest mysteries on our planet, Sound!" She raised her arms up in the air. I stared at her before speaking, "You're insane. I was worried about you."

She lowered her arms and gave me an apologetic smile.

"Sorry. My mind was wrapped around everything that was going on, and I guess the fact that I can't get hold of my mom has been a little on edge."

I nodded my helm and opened my servo back to her. She climbed in, and we walked back to the bridge. We were almost there when she spoke in a soft voice that sent terror through my whole body.

"It's about time. I thought I was going to have to break out my straight jacket to show you how crazy I am."

We reached the bridge just in time to hear Airchand's voice, "Lord Megatron, our cargo hold is nearly filled with the dark substance. I recommend a retreat. The troops are growing weak from its effects."

I walked over to a monitor, not paying attention to what Airchand's movements were. I wanted to make sure that she was telling the truth. Midna spoke to me about the Harbinger, and the fact it was missing surprised me. She asked my help about that, and I helped her walk through it.

"And yet I grow stronger. Airachnid, you're in command until my return." Megatron spoke and ordered. I groan mentally. I've told Megatron that I wouldn't want to be his second, but I wish he would make more intelligent choices about his seconds and lead in this abstinence.

"Your return from were, Master?"

"From my audience with Unicorn," Megatron spoke while he was leaving the bridge. I found that Airachnid was telling the truth about the Dark Energon, and I didn't look up, but I did glance over at him. He did seem that he was starting to lose his judgment about what is real and what is a reality.

~~~

I noticed that Midna was starting to get a little sleepy. I picked her up, and she jumped. She looked at me with a raised eyebrow. I tilted my head to show that I knew she was running on fumes. She looked away and tried to stifle a yawn from coming out. It didn't take long before I reached my room. I placed her down on my berth gently.

"Try to get some sleep, Midna. You are mentally exhausted. You can't help me with that type of energy. We'll find a way to end this." I explained.

Midna sighed and grabbed the blanket that she left here and laid down with that covering her. She was asleep within a couple of seconds from lying down. I had a slight smile on my face and walked out of my room. I walked back to the bridge and went to a monitor off to the left. I was searching for Megatron's signal, and I found it along with the four Autobot signals.

The Autobots left, and there was just Megatron's single and large signal of Dark Energon. I could hear Airchiand walking up behind me, and then she spoke, "No word yet from Lord Megatron?" I glanced over towards her, and she continued, "It appears our leader has abandoned us while this world erupts in chaos." She was facing the front of the ship, walking towards the primary monitor. She was looking at the main monitor that had a diagram of Earth and what was happening.

"I believe we must consider the possibility of a future without Megatron."

I had stopped typing and turned my helm towards here, and she tilted her towards me. I was now fuming under my visor. One, I still believe that Megatron could make the world a better place, two, he wasn't in the right mind with that Dark Energon. Three, you won't lead the Decepticons, not while I still stand.