Chapter 46

(Soundwave)

I was on the bridge with Megatron and Starscream. Megatron and I had just finished watching the simulation of Cybertron being restored. Which was incredible to watch as the whole planet would be back in its former glory days before the war.

"We stand at the very precipice of a new age." That was when I picked up Leaserbeck's signals, just right outside of our radius transmission. I brought it up and showed it to Megatron.

"What do you mean our scanner have detected Laserbeack's signal? Starscream..." We both turned towards Starscream, who was on a monitor on the other side of the room. He turned around when Megatron called out his name before continuing, "You did destroy the Autobot base, did you not?"

"With great fervor, My Lord." Starscream boosted, then took a moment to question why he was being asked that question.

"Why do you ask?" Then we walked closer to us.

"Because Laserbeak's frequency has been detected on radar," Megatron explained.

"But that's not possible. He's right here in Soundwave's torso." Starscream gestured towards me.

"Which is why this would appear to be an Autobot trick. Designed to uncover our position and reduce a certain prisoner. But then, one has to wonder, how would they possibly manage to execute such a complex task without the proper facilities?" Megatron explained, getting into Starscream's face.

"I, uh, um...." Starscream was trying to come up with an answer before saying, "Allow me to troubleshoot." With that, he left the bridge, and I got a message from Midna.

---

(Midna)

Question?

(Me)

Ask away.

(Midna)

Why don't any of the Autobots have Minicons? Wouldn't it be easier to sneak around the Nemesis and learn more about your plans?

(Me)

They thought of Minicons as lesser beings. There was a Minicon named Ratbat. She helped me out when I first had Ravage and later became a Sente, and nobody would even listen to her. Not even the Primes that were elected. I think Optimus was the only one, but I'm not sure.

---

I noticed that Midna didn't message right away, and I figured that my statement had shocked her. While she was recovering from Starscream had destroyed the fragment of Laserbeak, and Ratchet had escaped though it didn't last long. The reason he did this was the fact that he had finished the Syn-En. He was taken to Predaking so that he could do as he pleases. The Syn-En was being created. I was on the bridge making final preparation, and Shockwave was doing the same thing down next to the Omega Lock. Megatron was standing next to me, and from my position, I could see Starscream, Knock Out, and Nitrous behind us. Before the catwalk started, Megatron and I were at the primary monitor. That was when he came in.

"Lord Megatron, synthesis of the cyber-matter required to cyberfrom Earth has commenced."

"Splendid, Shockwave. Move the Omega Lock into position. I want to be ready."

As I was moving the ship into the right place, I could hear Starscream speak.

"At last. Good riddance to a wretched species."

"Although, I will say they manufacture some fine-looking automobiles."

"Not to mention Midna will still be alive and mostly kill us." Nitrous explained, and I could see Starscream getting surprised and annoyed at Knock Out and Nitrous.