Chapter 207

Hey guys!! Super important announcement! I made a Redbubble store and it would mean so much if you guys would check it out there's a lot of TPS stuff there and you can get stickers and so on as well as other stuff so if you guys want some TPS stickers on your laptop or waterbottle or a t-shirt, check it out, the link is here and in the description of my profile :) <3 <3 Happy reading!! If there are any designs you guys want to have just let me know <3

https://www.redbubble.com/people/amelialevi/shop?asc=u&ref=account-nav-dropdown

Miles's POV

I slowly make my way up the stairs where Madison has been locked in for the past five hours. I don't know how the time went by this fast but somehow I managed being away from her for five whole hours.

"Madison?" I knock in the closed door, my voice is soft, waiting for my baby girl to answer me, but I hear nothing, until the door opens to a small Madison, her long hair behind her and her big eyes looking up at me, I can see she was crying and her sparkly eyes say that it hurt. She looks much more fragile and moe child-like now and I can't help but just stare at her with my eyes wide open.

"Are you ok—" she hugs me and my words stop completely.

"I'm not okay, but I . . . I'm feeling better now. Thank you, Miles." She gives me a small smile that I nod to.

"Has the sun already set?" she asks me, breathing out and into my chest with her face pressed against me."

"Yeah." I breathe onto the top of her perfectly smelling dark-brown head of hair. It looks honey brown with the little traces of sun outside the window shining on her.

"Can we cook now?" She asks, her voice soft and so delicate at the same time. Her hazel eyes look up at me, they look brown almost. I nod at her and she manages a small smile. I don't know what changed, but I know that something inside Madison is at peace with Angela's death.

Madison's POV

I watch the last aspects of the sunset outside the window before turning back to Miles and closing the door to the room in the middle. I give him another smile and this time, his smile grows bigger, with mine.

"Chicken alfredo it is, and chocolate cake." He repeats and I nod softly, he steps back and lets my hand slide off him and into his soft and warm hand before leading me down the stairs.

I feel more at ease, as if my parent's letters, no matter how cruel, will always bring me peace, it will give me the love I'll need, the personality I'll miss, and the people who will tell me their stories over and over again.

And most important of all, I'll have them when I need them even if it won't be physically. My mother made the choice not to seek treatment and no matter how hard it is on m and how difficult it will continue to be, I need to make the choice of letting it go and not forcing a past that could never have been.

She made her choice and I have to make peace with it, I wasn't living her life and I can't have chosen anything for her no matter how wrong her secret was.

"So, um . . . how do we make it?" I ask, looking up at Miles who stares at me for a second before bursting into his 'Miles' smile.

"I should know, right?" he says and I nod, he should. For some reason, he knows how to cook better than anyone I've ever met, he even cooks better than Valentina and he knows how to cook which gives me too many questions but then I remember that Miles learned from his mother just like I did.

It's so funny how we have such similar details in our pasts but yet nothing has aligned until now, everything has been so drastically different until we collided.

"We start by cooking the chicken." He raises a brow and smiles. Miles pulls out raw chicken wrapped in plastic from the small fridge while I look around.

I'm surprised at just how much stuff he bought but considering the situation, maybe this was one of the recipes he intended on making for however long he expected to stay here and help me. He smiles as he places the chicken onto the counter, still neatly wrapped, and just then I notice something; something missing.

"Um . . . where is Cody?" I ask, confused, looking around and giving Miles a small smile that I can't help. I know he had something to do with it.

I know Miles, he did have something to do with it. He looks at me guiltily and then reaches one of his arms behind his head as he towers over me and rubs his neck.

"He, uh, he's running some errands," Miles explains and I look at him with a tilted head in disbelief but in slight relief that it's only me and Miles now. I don't know Cody as well and for some reason having more than two people in this house fees overpowering and overcrowded.

"You can start by mixing some cocoa and milk into a bowl, and add a few eggs," Miles says and I nod as we both smile, not at each other but to ourselves and ignore what he just said about Cody, it's better this way.

I grab a white large bowl and crack three eggs into it before pouring as much cocoa as Miles allows me and then I grab the milk but so does he.

"Oh, uh, here." He offers, his eyebrows raised but I shake my head and he smiles as I watch how he pours the milk into the bowl.

I add sugar and then flour and before I know it the mixture underneath my whisk looks too good not to taste. I dip my finger into the mixture and taste the heaven.

"Can I taste?" Miles asks and I dip my finger into the mixture again and then silently move my finger to his mouth.

"Tastes good." He says slowly and in that raspy tone, I love so much. But instead of indulging in his smile and voice, I give him a quick smile and turn back to the batter right in front of me. I dip my finger into the batter one more time and taste the sweet chocolate,

"I know." I smile to myself as I feel him watching me.

Thank you guys so much for reading! Just to remind you that you can find some really cute things in my redbubble stuff!! <3 <3