Chapter 285

Miles's POV

After stuffing our two carts with onesies, soft outfits, baby sleepers, socks, newborn hats, diapers, wipes, rash cream, baby detergent, a baby sponge whatever the hell that is, baby bottles, a baby bathtub, thermometer which made me question why the fuck I didn't already have one, medicine dropper, nasal aspirator, baby towels, a baby crib, a pregnancy bag with a list of what needs to be taken with to the hospital and a stroller, crib mattress and everything that followed the bed which almost made me sick with how many new things the baby needs that I had no clue even existed, burp cloths and all of the breast stuff the blonde mentioned earlier.

Madison looks at me with wide eyes when the scanner shows eleven thousand, nine hundred and eighty-six dollars. I didn't expect it to be this expensive but with having everything we need, it's worth it and not a big deal.

I swipe my black American Express card and watch as the numbers go down and as the blonde prints us a receipt that is probably taller than Madison.

As we walk away, we stay quiet and I realize that there are many more things that we need that we didn't get on this particular shopping trip.

"We'll probably need to rearrange some things and uh . . . even make a baby room,"

Madison's POV

Miles says the words and my heart flutters, there are so many things we seem to not have even begun to think about like a baby room, a nursery, and the way we'll paint it and decorate it and fill it with shelves of diapers and things the baby will constantly need.

"Is that something you--"

"Want?" he finishes and I nod.

"Yeah," he looks at me with a smile.

As I drag one of the carts outside and Miles the other, he opens the Porsche trunk which isn't big enough for all of this, but Miles attempts to cram everything in any way and before I know it, he's pulling my cart toward him too, placing everything in the trunk and back seat.

"This is going to be something," he says as soon as we sit down in the car and I nod.

"If this will ever get too much--"

"It already has," he tells me, his eyes on mine.

"But I'm going to stay, and not because I promised you something, but because I want to," he says and with that, I flash him a kind smile.

WE BOTH STARE AT THE PAINT in front of us, trying to decide which color would be best for the kitchen, for the bedroom, for the living room . . . for everything but somehow I've just gotten so used to the black colored walls all around me, somehow it makes everything feel so secluded, it makes me feel so alone with Miles.

"How about we just color the baby room?" we both say in unison and our eyes sparkle. We have nothing to worry about, not as long as we're in this together just like this everything will be just fine.

"Maybe a light blue? and some white forms? something like tapestry?" I ask and Miles smiles with a nod, "That sounds perfect, it's not too much, it's just, perfect."

With Miles holding the blue and white buckets of paint in his hands as we walk around the rest of the store, buying anything that could decorate the nursery including a small bundle of fake white flowers and a small circular white flower wase.

Everything is yet again stuffed into the car and we're on our way to somewhere else, to try our hardest to get everything we can ready, even though there are about eight more months to go.

"I've got a room that I used for storage but maybe for right now, instead of anything else, it can be a baby room," Miles suggests and my mind travels to what room he could possibly be talking about until I realise that there was always a spare room right opposite to the second floor pool.

"Are you sure?" I ask and he nods immediately.

"Yeah, it's our baby," he reminds me, this isn't just mine, not just me going through this, but us.

TARGET IS THANKFULLY NOT FULL and I feel as though the world is ours as we travel in between aisles, looking around for anything we might need; not only for the baby room but for ourselves.

I grab a few makeup plastic organizers that I've been wanting to place in the bathroom and Miles looks at me confused.

"It's for my makeup," I say and he gives me a small eye-roll.

We grab a few more plates, grey with black splashes that somehow oddly appealed to us both instantly, and with small giggles we walk through Target, buying silverware and more color in our cabinets, and I find myself looking forward to seeing something other than those pink grandmother mugs at home.

I grab shampoo for both of us and toothpaste since we've been running out and I realize just how normal this feels. Miles grabs a plastic sheet that I didn't even know we needed and laundry detergent that he surprisingly finds himself. I give him a small kiss on the lips as I step on the cart and he slowly pushes me while wearing sunglasses that I don't know where he got from.

"And these," he throws them in on top of everything. I grab more clothing hangers and especially smaller ones since I forgot to grab some at the baby store.

"Are you still thinking of New York?" I ask him and he clenches his jaw, his lips tight together.

"Yeah,"

"They don't offer the kind of business program I need here, and NYU . . . we'll it's no WSU--" he says and stops at my smile. NYU is the much more obvious choice but somehow I can't see myself going so far. I glance down at my promise ring, the silver band and small diamonds following the circle around.

"And homeschooling . . . I don't know how much of an option that is for me," his eyes look dead at me as he speaks, they look tired and clenched somehow.

"How long until you have to make a choice?" I ask and he parts his lips, "Three months,"