Bonus Chapter 3

EPILOGUE

Miles's POV

Everything feels so euphoric, the sun has set down, creating a white all around us; a fog that I could stare at forever.

And knowing that Madison and Becky are asleep in the semi-small cottage slash beach house I rented last minute.

I set up outside and feel the surprisingly cold air. I inhale it into my lungs and feel as though I've become a part of it.

I stare at the silver ring on my thumb. It's the one that matched hers, I'm not going to wear it yet, the idea still frightens me but I want to keep it close, and I want her; I want this.

Everything happened so suddenly, so quick, so fucking flash fast. but somehow it all made sense along the way; somehow I've found myself in the process, somehow she is the me that I truly am. Somehow she's more me than I am.

The summer is coming to an end, and so is WSU for us. We're moving on, changing, and graduating.

And now we have Becky, and as we're expecting a second baby I know that I'm ready. I'm ready to be a dad and I'm ready for Madison to be the mother of my children. This is my family now, it's everything I've hoped for and yet nothing.

I fling myself on the thin light-wood porch as I sit there, staring at the silver band on my thumb, watching the white sky and white-blue ocean in front of me. No one else is here, or there, it's all empty, everything around me is just me; the way it used to be.

I hear the door behind me creek the way it only does when MAdison steps outside but I don't turn my head. I don't know if I'm hallucinating.

I feel her hand on my shoulder, on my back, on me.

And then she walks closer, finding a way to sit on the wooden fence on the porch beside me, and as we both stare at the ocean, we don't speak; we don't have to. We know this is big, we know what we're both feeling without communicating, not even a single word is needed with her because she's my forever.

I finally turn to her and the way her stomach is swollen, the way I know she's watching the ocean.

I turn to her as she slowly turns to me, our eyes meeting the way they did first; so raw, so true and so genuine.

"I want this," I speak and a faint smile slowly appears on her lips as I watch them.

"I know," she speaks.

Somehow this ending for me became beautiful