Chapter 231

I open my eyes and am instantly greeted with the worst headache I've ever gotten before. I stand up slowly, my feet hitting the wooden floor. I look around the room and see the sheets Miles and I slept under, the blood that was on me is now on the tip of the sheets. 

I notice my dress over in the corner, but I don't bother picking it up, I don't ever want to see it again. I don't see Miles anywhere around me. I feel my bare thighs and realize that I'm practically naked. Oh god. 

I let Miles see me last night. 

I rub my face and close my eyes, feeling the way my fingers soothe my headache by rubbing my temples softly and gently. When I open my eyes again, I see Miles right in front of me, a white towel wrapped tightly around his torso, but it doesn't hide much. 

He barely makes eye contact with me and I can't help but be the same. I don't know how I'm supposed to feel or what he's supposed to say or what I'm supposed to say.

"I, uh, I heard you needed to go to the doctor, I mean, I, uh, I—" He hands me my phone before he finishes and I realize he read the message I received. The last thing I want to do is see the doctor, especially after everything with my mother but I know I have to. 

My fate isn't the same.

I take a deep breath before I nod at him and he gives me a small sympathetic smile, realizing that doctor's visits aren't going to be my favorite things to talk about from now on.

"I'll drive you." He says and I nod, thanking him.

AFTER SHUTTING THE DOOR we're finally on our way, leaving the cabin for good. I don't know when we'll be back here or if we ever will be.

Miles drives fast and I can't help but hold my seatbelt tightly in my grip even though I consciously know it won't do much and wouldn't do anything.

"Will we ever be back here?" I ask even though that wasn't exactly the question I wanted to ask, but thankfully, Miles answers both.

"I hope so, I don't own this place for nothing." I can't help but turn to him to smile. He returns my smile but it doesn't last for long, not long at all. In fact, it's barely a smile, it's so sympathetic but not toward me, more as if he's not feeling okay. 

My mind starts o wander to everything, everything that happened the night prior and the mess we're suck in and I almost gasp.

"You like that girl . . . the one you were with," I say more to myself than to him, moe as a realization of some kind. Of course, he likes her, he kissed her and called her 'babe' and offered to grab her a drink, he never does anything for anyone until he started doing it for me . . . and now for her. Oh god. I feel so broken as if my body was made out of glass and has now been smashed into a thousand pieces that one day or another were meant to break anyway.

"I'm sorry, I was so stupid, I shouldn't have assumed . . . of course you won't love me forever, I, I shouldn't have thought—" I begin, realizing that tears are starting to build up in my eyes. 

Miles slams harshly on the breaks, leaving black marks on the road before he qucikly turns into some isolated area, full of bushes, something that reminds me of us being together that night, and something terrible, awful happening to my mother but the thought quickly escapes my mind and is replaced by Miles and his infatuation, his love for something else—for someone else who will never be me and who I will never be. And at that moment, I realize just how much I need Miles. I've needed him this whole time—this whole time. 

I've needed him more than life itself . . . more than my mother . . . and more than myself. The car has completely stopped and I didn't even realize that we've been silent for a very long minute now.

He doesn't look at me, and instead, his eyes are pointed down at my fingers but then like a lazer—like something so deadly, the shoot up to look right at me, into my eyes, letting the similar hazel of our eyes mix together so perfectly. His eyes are so strong and I know that my thoughts might just be true and we're over.

"You're it for me, Madison, you're it, everything I need, I get with you. I'll never want anyone else and ever since I first saw you in that white bra in Chrissy's dorm, I've never wanted anyone else." He says and I feel tears trembling out of my eyes, I sniffle and then I let out a laugh—a chuckle and so does he. I find myself laughing through the tears with him.

"I don't like Hayley and I never will, it's only you for me, Madison." He tells me but I can't help from my heart stinging just a little at him mentioning her name as if he knows her just as much as he knows me.

Hearing his voice is the sound of heaven but suddenly his voice becomes tuned out and all I can think about is the way he stared right at me and kissed her, knowing that as he was touching her lips, he was doing everything he could to kill me. 

The memory, anger, and pain suddenly flood over me and my tears stop. I nod but don't let a word out until I see that he's about to say something. His lips part but I manage to stop him before he gets a word out.

"Can you please drive me to the doctor?" I ask him sweetly and he nods, I can so easily notice his mixed features, telling me he wanted to talk for longer, but I don't care—I can't care.