Chapter 257

Hey guys!! I just want to remind you to comment and vote on every chapter you like, this helps me grow on this platform and for the story to be seen by a lot of more people whose day this will hopefully brighten :)

I haven't been able to take my eyes off of him, the way he watches the road in front of him and the way his hand remained on my thigh as he drives h a single hand hypnotizes me and it hs hypnotized me for the past half an hour.

The wind echoes outside Miles's Porche and I know that we're close to now my new home.

The thought brings me back to Ohio and how my mother and her house were once mine, I bite my tongue, trying not to relive the memory of knowing that she's gone forever.

"You ready?" Miles also and I nod my head slowly, I want a new fresh beginning with him. I watch the line that separated the gravel parking and where the entrance to the house starts.

I want to start a completely new life with him, no more digging into the past and no more jumping on the emotional rollercoaster we've both been thrown into for the last year.

From now on, everything had to be forgiven. Because i want this more than anything and when he steps beside me and reaches to hold my hand, I know that he feels exactly the same way.

I step over the line that separates our fresh start snd our fast.

"I can't wait for this . . . With you," I whisper and his lips tug at the corner of his mouth.

He hands me what I assume are keys to his house but when I spot a big fluffy grey key pompom I know they're my keys.

"Do you like them?" He asks, waiting patiently for an answer.

"I love it." I watch his eyes as they're playfully looking into mine.

He takes my hand and slowly leads me inside.

"This is ours now," he says as we look at everything in front of us as if we've never stepped foot inside here before.

"I don't want anything to do with your past anymore," I tell him quietly snd he nods silently, his smile growing at me.

AFTER UNPACKING EVERYTHING we bought at target we watch as it sits on the floor in the kitchen.

Miles ribs his hand through his hair, "we really bought a lot of crap,"

"Miles!" I squeal and he giggles.

"So, uh, where does this go?" He asks grabbing the pink mug we bought and opening his cabinet to reveal nothing but fully stocked black mugs and black tainted cups, letting me know there's no more spacE.

I roll my eyes at him before taking it from him and reaching carefully to grab one black cup, placing it on the counter, and replacing it with the pink mug.

"Like this," I smile and he tolls his eyes.

"How many more granny cups are there?" I giggle at his question before handing him five more and watching his wide eyes with a laugh.

"It's a set of six." I smile proudly.

"Shit," he runs his fingers through his dark hair with a laugh.

We replace the kitchen cabinets with a lot of pink in the middle of the crowded black and i find myself smiling as I watch the way this is becoming ours.

The kitchen is almost finished and it looks different from what I'm used to seeing in this house and I'm glad that it speaks more to both of us.

We both head up the stairs calmly and as we place the pink bathroom rug below the sink and my new pink toothbrush next to his, I realize that too much of this house is still pitch black but I know that with time, as we get more settled in, it'll grow into something for the both of us.

"And now . . . Our bedroom." He smiles and opens the door for me.

We walk into what once I only shared with him and that is now half mine.

"This is perfect," I tell him, I can tell he replaced the sheets already and added two pink fluffy pillows and one white one.

"I figured you'd like it," he smiles at me.

We hear meowing and purring and from under the best Memphis appears.

"She's still small?" I say as I watch her slowly walk over to us.

"I think she has dwarfism or some shit," miles explains and I playfully hit his shoulder for his language even though I should be used to it by now.

"Where did you find her? I ask, picking up the small black kitten with blue eyes.

"I never told you?" He raises a brow and I shake my head.

"I rescued her." He smiles that smile of his that makes me and Memphis want to melt into a puddle.

"My first day of college." He explains and I watch him with a smile across my face.

"Come on Memphis, let's hide from Miles," I giggle as he watches me and the small kitten in my arms run away and around our bedroom.

Miles watches us for a moment before chasing us around the room as we laugh, trying to both run away and chase each other.