Bonus Chapter 5: Miles's Story

Hey guys! Merry Christmas! I hope you'll love this chapter :)

The restaurant is packed and Chrissy's eyes light up as soon as she realises we're on a date.

The waitress hands us our menu's and Chrissy looks at me in a specific way that I'm not sure what means. Usually I'm able to read her all the time, but not right now.

"What?" I ask as I lean forward, my elbows on the table.

"You couldn't get me flowers?"

"I took you on a date, didn't I?" I speak and she rolls her eyes and then smiles.

"I guess you did." she smiles as happy as ever with the simple gesture.

We order our food and as soon as it arrives my phone starts to ring and Chrissy gives me that look; the look of 'is our time already over' I don't say anything to her and instead pick up Jacob's call.

I stand up and head away from the table and toward he bar as Jacob speaks in my ear. A waitress walks by and I look her up and down but when I see Chrissy at the corner of my eyes, I stop and give her a small smile.

"Whatsup," I say and Jacob stops only to continue, "Party tonight, you comin'?"

"Yeah." I glance over at Chrissy who's twirling a fork into her spaghetti.

"Yeah, I'll be right there," I finish.

I end the call, stick the phone into my pocket and head back toward Chrissy. She already knows what I'm going to say.

"We just got our food," she looks up at me like a puppy.

"I know but I got to bounce. here are the key's, I'll meet you back at my dorm," I give her a wink and a small smile and I can see the forgiveness in her eyes. This girl forgives me for everything.

I walk toward the car and in almost one swift motion, I get it, close the door, start the engine, and slide onto the main road.

All I want to do now is forget, and drown myself in the real me.

THE MUSIC makes the door swing open and yet there aren't a lot of-people. To begin with the only person is Jacob and then a few other guys I've seen around and some girls I've never met.

the two dozens of people here are spread out in the kitchen and living room, some upstairs and the others all over the place.

"I thought you said it was a party?" I smirk at Jacob and he laughs.

"More of a get together. I thought it would fit to have it calm right before the storm would arrive."

"Well, I'm here."

"Then let's get this party started!" I hear someone yell and the music gets slightly louder as I walk into the kitchen.

I grab a red cup and pour myself whatever alcohol I can find, down it and then do it once more before settling with a random mixture in my cup.

I lean against the kitchen counter as Jacob walks in.

"First day of college," he says and I know what that's supposed to mean. I know exactly what it's supposed to mean.

"Again," I raise my cup.

"Truce, Jacob." I speak.

"Truce," he says, raising his cup and letting it smash against mine, the cheap plastic crumbling and spilling alcohol into the air.

IT DOESN'T TAKE LONG until I meet someone, her hair is shoulder length and dark almost black even but I'm too drunk to fully make out the color.

"I haven't seen you around," she speaks, he tone soft and light as she sips the liquid in her cup.