Chapter 247

Miles's POV

"Get out," I tell Hayley who is ready to help me at the sight of me.

"What happened?" She asks, frantic.

"Let's say I needed a punching bag and the only thing I found was a cement wall." I smile at her.

"Now get out," I repeat the words, throwing alcohol over my bloody knuckles, I might have cut myself open but it's nothing compared to the way I feel inside, knowing that I'll never see her again.

"Calm down, Miles, what's—"

"She's the only one who can calm me down," I tell her, my eyes angry at the girl I've hurt more than I'll ever realize or care about, the only one I can give a shit about is Madison no matter how wrong she'll say that is, I know I need to be better to the people around me like Madison wants me to, to Jacob, to Jack, but god damnit, I fucking can't.

"You know . . ." Hayley approaches me, her eyes innocent and hurt.

"I always dreamed that one day . . . maybe you'd feel this way about me, but I realize that that will never happen." She says, her lips trembling as she forces a kind smile.

"I'm sorry," I tell her even though I'm not so sure I feel sorry for her, what was she expecting? We weren't exactly a love story waiting to happen.

"I'll leave." She says as if I'm forcing her out like a fucking dog, but the truth is, she has been taking over my apartment as if we're living together. I can't let her stay here for longer. He walks past m, waiting for me to stop her, but I don't, I want this. I hear the door close and I instantly smash the bottle onto the ground before heading upstairs to the gym. I wrap my knuckles and wists with black tape before punching the punching bags in front of me, first one then the other, hen a slam, kick and punch. 

Slam kick and punch. 

I repeat the steps for what feels like an hour until I'm finally soaked through my shirt and my pants start to feel too tight to move around like this for a whole hour. 

And since I don't know how much longer I'll be in here, I remove my shirt and then my pants, and continue punching and punching and punching.

Madison's POV

I hear the alarm ring on my phone and for some reason, it was set to six am. I have no idea why but I have no desire to wake up right now, I'd much rather continue sleeping but the problem is that I don't know if I've been able to sleep this whole time. I can't help but stare at the ceiling, wondering if I'll ever see him again. I don't expect him to show up to class, and I know he won't. He'll probably transfer to NYU, the thought stings me, I don't know what I'll do without him by my side wherever I go.

I realize that I won't be able to fall asleep and instead of torturing myself, I get out of bed. My phone starts to buzz and I look at the message on the screen.

David: "Sandra and I have some big news to share, hope we can see you tonight at our place."

Me: "I don't know if Miles will come."

I text back honestly, we're not together and he has his own life and by himself, the last thing he'll want to do is see his father.

I hear rattling at the door handle and not long after, Stephanie walks in.

"Are you okay?" She asks me, her ys studying me as she sits down by my bed.

"Mhm." I sniffle, I thought I was, but I feel worse than ever. I burst into tears and let my hand lay in my hands.