Chapter 271

Hi, guys!! I'm finally healed and ready to write again, I actually had Covid, so no wonder I was so sick haha, I had no idea that we had it, so I was asking my boyfriend to go buy me fries and icecream because he literally barely felt this sickness, it was like a small cold to him, so Covid didn't even cross my mind, I got better but I feel horrible for not realizing we had it and that we were in contact w other people. This is such a long message, I just feel like I haven't talked to you guys for so long. I still have it, but I'm feeling much better and it's going away so I'm back to writing also we're in quarantine now for some time which is difficult but worth it :), anyway, HAPPY reading!! and please please, please leave me some comments, even silent readers, you guys matter too, I'm still fatigued so I'd love to read some stuff from you guys, let me know what you think :) <3 <3

The hot water runs down my back and I'm comforted by the droplets running down my back and legs.

I gulp down the emotions that for some reason haven't stopped rising, I made a mistake; it was wrong and we shouldn't have kissed, we shouldn't have let it get this far.

he shouldn't have kissed me and I shouldn't have kissed him back no matter how enlaced the smell of him is with something I can't resist. There's something more going on, something we haven't talked about and I know there's something brewing between us, some anger he has, something I have that I don't know how to reveal to him, and together it's brewing a storm that I know will be unleashed any second, I feel as though I'm walking on a cloud filled with magnets that as soon as they click together, will explode the surface I'm on.

I step out of the foggy shower and press my finger on my phone, seven am. I'm going to be late if I don't hurry.

I quickly step out, my body wet and the mirror fogged up, I drag my hand across it a few times, enough for me to see my face. I quickly dry my hair and my body before slipping into last night's clothes, and tying my now, dry hair into a ponytail with a white scrunchie. I put on light makeup, curling my lashes and running a dark-brown mascara through them; something I learned during my first semester at WSU.

I take a few deep breaths before rushing out the door; I need to leave before he wakes up.

"Going somewhere?" His eyes haunt me in the same way that his voice does.

I almost bumped into him and I know that if I had, I wouldn't be able to handle leaving him, but I can't; I can't play games with him, we both know there's a storm between us and neither of us are doing anything but ignoring it all the while keeping it in our heads, if even that.

"I," I clean my throat

"I need to go," I close my eyes before pushing past him, feeling the electricity draw me in, but the further I get, the freer from it I feel, except, he doesn't let me leave. He grabs my elbow and turns me back to him; to face him.

"Madison," he says, his eyes in mine.

"Miles, I have to go," I say firmly and he gives me a smirk.

"I'll drive you," he presses and I nod.

"Fine,"

I HOLD MY BAG CLOSE to my chest as I try not to imagine us crashing into something one of these times, Miles's driving has never been anything but reckless, but now that I have something other than myself to be responsible for, I can't stay calm the way I got used to.

"You okay?" he asks, his words spinning in my head over and over again, until I stop feeling 'okay.'

"Yeah, I . . . I got to go," I say, quickly opening the door out of the familiar red leather I've gotten so used to, and without a glance at him, I find myself quickly walking and then running toward the school, our WSU license plate, the last thing I see before I finally head into the school, but something else manages to catch my eyes during the split second of my decision to close the door behind me. His eyes, they're staring right at me, even from so far away; he knows something is wrong, and it's only a matter of time before he figures it out.