Chapter 295

Epilogue

As I stand there, watching his eyes on mine, as his shaky hands now put the ring on my ring finger; the right finger this time. And his feet stand him up to face me, I feel as though I'm floating in the clouds. I don't feel the way this moment is happening before me and now when I stare at the ring on my finger, I still don't feel that this is reality, especially not my reality.

From a girl who knew nothing but Charm, Ohio her whole life, the church, my mother, and Jace, and with nothing but a dream to get married at twenty-one and now with Miles right in front of me, the only guy I've ever loved and will ever love, and somehow, I don't know how we got here.

My eyes sparkle at his and we say nothing for what feels like five minutes, but then finally, I manage to get back into reality, my feelings all coming back at me again and I burst into tears as I jump into a hug.

"How did you get me to feel this way?" Miles whispers in my ear, and for the first time, I know he's a few seconds away from crying, but he's holding it back like the strong guy he's always tried his hardest to be.

I close my eyes, feeling his touch around me, the way he's holding me, and the scent of him that is now filling my entire being.

I part my lips, ready to speak and then I feel again as though I'm out of this existence, and not full in the moment, his hands are holding me and I feel pressed against him and then I hear my own voice, but it's more as if my heart is speaking, not my voice. 

"Because I loved you the way you needed to be loved," After the words leave me, I hear Miles letting out a sob before he quickly stops and his whole body tightens against me.

We both hear the water all around us and as more people start gathering form all aspects of the beach, we finally detach from one another, and with a knowing look, we leave. Hid hand hold mine gently and it makes me feel small.

Miles's POV

holding her hand in mine feels so unrealistic, as if I don't know how I got here. To this euphoric feeling, this sense of need for her and a complete and utter care my heart, body and soul belong to her and I'm hers for the rest of eternity. 

I know now. I know what it means to be married, what it truly symbolizes, it symbolizxez that our minds and souls are intertwined and we are as one, and because I've come to feel this way over months and even before Madison got pregnant, and somehow I wasn't able to do nothing about it. I need that symble to be physical, I need it to be in the form of a ring, an engagement and in title. I need her more than I've even needed her. I crave this with her.

When Angela passed away, something in my mind clicked, and up until now, I don't know what that something was, all I know is that in that exact moment, being there afterward, dancing with Madison in the kitchen, looking into her broken eyes, it made me realize that I can't do life without her. Maybe Peter was able to, but I never will. 

Everything we've been through, I met her when I was nineteen and even though I'm still young at twenty-one, I feel as though I've done more growth with her than I've done in nineteen years, and suddenly, I feel as though my life is complete and I want nothing more than to have this baby with her and be with her, raising both the baby and Becky.

I feel Madison's small hand in mine and the way even without shiverring, she's somehow cold and still shocked and so am I, but in the most perfect way possible. 

I lean to kiss her forehead and then rub my hands against her up and down, trying to create warmth in her body.

I've already let Stephanie and Elijah know about this, but somehow I don't think that's what's on Madison's mind, and when I look down at her, I can see she's just as lost in this as I am, and somehow this is exactly where I'd like to stay with her.