Bonus Chapter 4

Miles's POV

I can't belive how everything changed. And yet I'm faced with the reality every night. I'm still getting used to the idea of becoming a father, and I already am one with Becky.

Sometimes things seem to change us in ways we never thought were meant for us, and yet it feels like the true me, the me I've always wanted to be, but somehow the trash of a life I've gotten used to still can't accept this new life and apart of me is afraid, a part of me wants to take it all away instantly and be where I'm comfortable in the shadows of my own making. But the other part of me, the stronger part is fighting for this reality to exist: me, Madison and our two babies.

The only two things Madison has been doing for the past four months, is plan our wedding in the living room, papers, colors and ideas scattered all over the living room, the coffee table and the new rug I got us. And as I stand here in the kitchen watching over to the living room, I see it as if it's happening right now, the faint white that my memory presents. It's not quite reality but it makes me feel like I'm there.

And the other thing has been sleeping. We had no idea how difficult the pregnancy would be on her, and even though the doctor initially told her that her body was weak and would handle it badly, we didn't expect her to be in pain the majority of every day and her body being constantly exhausted.

She asked me to get her water a few minutes ago but I've been stuck in the kitchen for too long, she fell asleep right after and somehow I have no idea what to do. I've been staring at the letter on the table with her water glass in my hand. And even though I know she doesn't need it anymore, I'm stuck.

I asked my self so many times how this could have happened, I thought I was smarter, better prepared but this is still staring me in the face and I know the obvious answer to it.

Madison's POV

I slowly open my eyes, they feel tired and start to sting me slightly. I take a breath, press on my swollen stomach and try to stand up. Everything is so quiet, so incredibly dark as If I'm alone. and I don't like the feeling.

The hormones have made me more emotional than I've ever felt in my life, and I've needed myself beside me twenty-four seven. 

Since asking him for water I haven't seen him tonight, and by now, after taking countless of naps, waking up and taking another short nap until the baby kicks my stomach again, I've learnt how long each nap lasts and I know it hasn't been less than two hours since he's gone.

I slowly climb down the stairs, one foot in front of the other, holding my stomach with one hand while the other rests on the railing Miles installed two weeks ago.

We haven't added anything more to the house and between the wedding planning and the exhaustion the baby has taken on me, everything has remained in a steady routine. 

Miles and I take care of Becky as much as possible and instead of taking turns, Miles has taken care of almost everything. 

When I reach the bottom of the stairs I expect to see Miles leaning against the counter, his strong arms spread behind him and the muscles and tattoos reminding me of how protected I feel with the love of my life. but Instead I'm greeted with nothing, a small light below the kitten cabinets and a towel full of baby items that we sanitised, ready for when the delivery is due in a little over a month. 

I watch the letters that have been opened on the kitchen island, there isn't any light to shine on it, but my eyes have gotten adjusted to the dark and as I grab the first letter, I realize it's from the bank, a notice.

My eyes go wide and my heart starts to pounds which is not what I need right now, I've been trying to avoid stress because somehow that on top of being pregnant signals war to my body.

The baby starts to kick and I feel weak in my knees all of a sudden. I try to steady myself with breath but as I'm bombarded with the door suddenly opening, I feel on the verge of collapse. My mind is fuzzy.

When I see Miles walking toward me, his eyebrows raised and his eyes in panic as he quickly manoeuvre to help me from falling, I start to relax but I feel it's too late and I manage to part my lips,

"Miles," I grab his jacket, I can't wonder where he was, I can't wonder what we'll do about the letter all I can wonder is that it's time. 

"The baby is coming,"