Chapter 251

Everything feels like a bitter-sweet dream and I'm forced to see the bitter side when all of a sudden, in the midst of everything, David and Sandra enter the house.

I had no idea they were out this late, but with Sandra being almost two-thirds the way to her pregnancy, I can understand why they're stuck between their home and what I assume are doctor visits.

My lips part mostly in shock and of lack of words as to what to say to Miles's dad whose eyes are raking all over the floor and then over my barely covered thighs and Miles's bloody arms.

His eyes turn angry as if he's assuming Miles did something to me but he quickly seems to remember the broken glass scattered all over the floor.

Sandra's young eyes are watching the floor before she presses a hand on her circular stomach.

"I'll deal with this in the morning," She says softly, before holding David's hands. He gives us a glance before eyeing Miles a quick 'I'll be right there' angrily.

David helps Sandra up the stairs and I look at Miles unsure of what to do, my eyes are big at him, but as always, he knows how to deal with every imperfection so perfectly.

"The trick this time isn't to stare until they look away, but to leave," he smirks and I can't help but almost let out a giggle, but instead, I bite my lip softly. He reaches out his hand and I reach mine to hold him.

I have no idea where we're going or what happens next but having Miles holding my hand and wearing the ring he gave me as a promise of loving me for the rest of his life, even this ugly situation feels so perfect.

"I'll take you somewhere," he explains and I nod and without hesitation, we're in his Lamborghini. I've missed the strong scent of him, I've missed being able to smell his cologne so close to me, and the chaos that follows the addiction of him.

"What about David?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"We'll deal with that later." His voice fills me and at the same time, reminds me of when he kissed me first, it was a feeling I had never felt before, but now every single time he touches me, I'm filled with empty space, with palm trees and the moon in the darkness, with endless stars, with something that can't compare to anything else. It's not fireworks, it's not tingly, it's electrical, like the wave in the ocean, it's blue, and it's deeper than anything else, it's the touch I crave and it's the person I need more than I will ever understand.

He's the wolf in the darkness that I'll forever be intimidated by, but that will forever keep me safe.

He bites his short nails and then with his brows raised, looks into my eyes and I know that the darkness in his hazel eyes have now promised to forever love me.

I'm surprised by myself st not wanting to discuss David or that his and Sandra's house are not practically empty with everything they owned on the floor either smashes into pieces or forever broken but I can't seem to think about anything other than Miles and my right hand.

Watching the perfectly small stone on my ring finger mesmerizes me and I realize that this imperfect situation feels perfect with him. I know he can't do more than this but this feels like it's enough; it is enough.

"I wanted to take you here . . . for the longest time." He admits and For some reason I blush, I don't know what exactly he means since we're parked in front of Target at almost six am but I know that any idea those hazel eyes have is always going to make the butterflies in my stomach flutter.

THE TARGET IS EMPTY except for the two of us and a red cart driving wherever we go.

"I, um . . ." Miles rakes his hand through his hair, I haven't seen him this nervous in a while.