Chapter 260

"Babe?" I hear and I open my eyes, I didn't realize I had fallen asleep or that I was tired enough to.

"We've got to get out of here," Miles's perfect voice says and I nod.

He quickly puts his shirt back on and before I know it, we're halfway down the hall.

"Miles! Madison!" We hear David as if he's letting relief escape his lips and into our names.

"You two can come in to see Betsy now," David informs us and I can feel how through holding my hand, Miles's heart stops for just a second.

"If you want to leave we can—" I speak quietly for David not to hear, but he shakes his head.

"This new kid has nothing to do with any of the problems between me and David or in this fucked up family, she's brand new, she deserves nothing but all of us to be there," Miles explains and I nod, he's right and I'm surprised that he doesn't hate this girl; the only person in his family he's okay with.

I'm thankful miles keeps surprising me with all of the good things I never knew were hiding in him.

"Is Hayley coming?" Miles asks Sandra who is wearing an olf shirt with blankets over her stomach and legs while she's holding the newborn baby in her arms so peacefully.

My heart stings slightly at her name coming out of Miles's lips, does he feel something for her? Something that only a very first can give you?

"She couldn't make it, but shell meets us all at home," Sandra explains and I nod while miles stays silent.

"We want you to hold her," David says as he pressed his hand softly on Sandra's shoulder, she looks at her with a smile as if in approval of his words.

Miles doesn't say anything and neither do I as we watch the baby being handed to miles, at first he's hesitant but when he sees her eyes open up at him with no reaction; no crying, with nothing but calmness, he stretches his arms out in my surprise, in all of our surprises.

"Does she have a name?" Miles asks, his voice raspy and hard as if he hasn't spoken for months.

"Well we haven't officially decided yet—" Sandra stops David with a hand on his before finishing for him, "but I think she's going to be our Becky,"

"Little Becky," Miles's voice soothes me as he watches the child in his arms the big brown eyes staring up at him.

AFTER A FEW HOURS THE nurse finally lets Sandra leave and we all follow outside.

"How the fuck?" Miles says after seeing the car David brought to the hospital.

"A baby chair?" Miles shakes his head.

"What the fuck? That's . . . that's my car," he says as if not sure at first but then realizing that it belongs to him. I stare in confusion at the situation and when I look back at Sandra she seems just as lost as I am, but I know it's not for the same reasons.

I don't recognize the car miles is talking about and I've never seen it before.

"Miles, you have to understand . . ." David trails off but I understand nothing.

Miles's POV

Fucking shit.

Of course, David is this stupid.