Chapter 212

Miles's POV

Lacey looks more than excited as her hands wrap themselves around my neck and her chest touches mine. She might as well be wearing nothing, her stockings are fishnets, her heels are tall, making her almost as tall as me, she's wearing a short skirt and a bra that's made for her chest to spill any second now.

"I thought you'd never come back." She puckers her lips and then bites them as if she can't wait.

"I guess I changed my mind." I give her a smirk and her eyes light up. she leans in closer and as I watch the other whores dance on the poles, she nibbles at my ear, causing my eyes to shut slowly and carefully but they quickly open up again.

"I'm tired of entertaining those old men at the bar, I want something new; fresh meat." She says, the words rolling off her tongue. Her hand grabs mine and before I know it, I'm being lead into one of the rooms I love so much.

"You're getting a private dance on me." She says, looking back at me while biting her lip and I can't help but just watch, my lips fading into a small smile. 

Her nails are long; too long. I've never understood girls and getting fake nails this long, it makes her look like she's a fucking dragon lady or something, but lucky for her, I think I'd be into dragon ladies. 

I smile at Lacey fuzzily as she drags me inside the all too familiar space. 

The purple velvet couches sit in every corner of the room including one special couch seat o whatever the fuck it is in the middle with a stripper pole right in front of it. 

I used to soak in these couches, hours and hours of watching the private dances but everyone I knew except for Hayden was too good for this place of whores. 

Jacob was too good to come here and he only did it once, by force and of course, guys like Jace wouldn't even dream of going here, but of course, someone who Madison would consider marrying over me wouldn't. The only reason she fell for me was that I did that to her, I took something from her.

"Hold on for just a second, I'll be right there with you." Lacey bites her lip and then moves behind me, making sure that I still see her, even though according to Crystal's rules, I'm not supposed to get any of that. 

I watch her in the mirror that's hanging right above one of the couches, behind the pole for a better view. She slowly unclasps her bra and I watch as her back turns completely naked. 

I start to drift into my mind, the familiarity of everything comes back and I remember that same back dancing for me on this same pole, that back laying on my bedsheets, that back being there when I stroked it and kissed her at the first party Madison went to. 

Everything was so different then, I didn't know how much I love her; not the way I do now. And now that same girl; the one I love so much is going through the worst time in her life while I'm right here. 

I can't do this. And when I see Lacey turn around slowly in the mirror to reveal her naked front side which she isn't even allowed to do, I turn away. 

Who the fuck am I kidding? I was never going to do any of this, everything has changed too dramatically for me to ever go back to these whores. 

Lacey was never anything but a distraction, one that I got too familiar with and thought I wanted, but when Hayden got to her fist, I realized that she was never anything to me. 

I was pissed off, not because of her being with someone else, but because the chance at happiness I thought I had, was nothing but lies fed to myself. And when I saw Madison that's when I knew I needed to have her, even if it was just for the win at the time. But now it's so much more. 

I rise up from the chair in a panic, I don't want to be here another second. Fuck, fuck, fuck. Madison will hate me even more forever coming here but I don't care, I'm not going to distract myself with Lacey again or with Crystal's. What the fuck am I doing?

"Miles!" Lacey squeaks, her voice going from soothing and sexy to panicked and squeaky.

"I can't do this," I tell her and look up at the ceiling to avoid seeing any parts that aren't Madison's.

"Oh come on, don't be like that!" She squeals like a parrot, her voice becoming annoying and painful to listen to.

"I don't want you, Lacey, this was a mistake," I say and I hear her gasp, she squeals and jumps in an annoying way as if her only chance has walked out of the door.

"Miles, please, I'll do anything—" Lacey's eyes turn soft and I take off my jacket and place it on her chest that I don't want to see. She grabs the jacket hesitantly and zips it up, allowing me to look at anything else but the damned ceiling.

"What's the deal? Why the fuck are you so obsessed with me all of a sudden, you had Hayden, go fuck him."

"Because I . . . I'm in love with you, Miles." she looks down, nervous at the words that came out of her.

"And I messed up, I shouldn't have chosen him, I knew I should have chosen you, things would have gone so differently and instead of Madison it would have been me—"

"It was never going to be you, Lace . . . not even if you had chosen me, you saw how I was with Chrissy, shit, the same thing would have happened with you." I breathe.

"What were you going to say that night? In the hallway?" Lacey shifts the topic, not wanting to hear any more denial.

"Miles I know there's something on your mind . . ." Her lips are parted as her soft grey-brown eyes look into mine, hoping they'll find something that will make them smile.

"It's not a good time right now, Lace." I try attempting to turn around and leave but she suddenly grabs my arm.

"Miles—" She presses and since she's begging so damn hard for it, I guess she wants to get rejected yet another time.

"I was going to say, I don't want you," I tell her and all color drains from her face, her arms drop its hold from mine and she lets me escape the place I never want to see again. 

I know I've hurt her, I know how painful loving someone can be, and even though I'll never fully believe her or care, I will always choose to hurt Lacey or anyone for that matter over hurting Madison. Always.