Bonus Chapter 2: Miles's Story

Chapter two

Jacob's POV

After hours of unpacking, everything finally feels set in place and it feels good. I'm ready for whatever WSU will bring, I know it'll all be just fine.

I've got another place at a party house but I'm not sure how often I'll use it, being here besides the people I know from high school feels much better despite Miles and I have a love-hate relationship, but I'm thankful it's growing back into the way it was before everything.

Somehow rivalry between us, even if any kind, always goes way too far; always. and we've both seen that way too many times.

I stare at the black ring on my finger, I don't care if it's stupid or not, but this thing is holding everything together right now. Absolutely everything and I pray to god it'll never leave either of our fingers. I've always been glad to get a brother even though he wasn't related to me at all and having our mom's being best friends is what made us so close but sometimes I wonder if the devil set us up, because nothing good has come out of our friendship and yet we remain somewhat buddies through it all.

Despite Miles and Chrissy being my only friends, I have no idea how their packing is going, I don't know how they're feeling about this whole ordeal and it hasn't crossed my mind much. I want to focus on what I've got and what we've both got, Miles and I; a fresh start.

I hang up a few of my red caps and make the bed before attempting to move all of these boxes and trash out of the dorm room but instead, I grab my phone and text Miles.

Me: "Nightclub tomorrow night? Although let's make it super late, I've got a train to catch first."

Miles: "Whatever."

Mile's POV

It's not like I have anything better to do, after answering Jacob's message, I throw my phone onto my silk sheets and take a deep breath, breathing in and out.

Our club night was supposed to be tonight, but god knows what Jacob is doing and I couldn't care less. I take a deep breath and finish packing all of my other junk away before letting myself fall into the freshly made bed, my eyes staring at nothing but the ceiling and wondering when I'll be able to get out of this hell hole. This isn't where I belong.

There's still too much left of the day and I don't know how I'm going to waste it because laying here makes time go by ten times as slow and I can't do that.

but thankfully I see my phone vibrating with a call from Chrissy, which I don't feel thankful very often to get, but right now, I could use some of the distractions she'll bring me, even some of the whining and complaining about the things girls care way too much about.

My hazel eyes stare at the ceiling while my fingers grab the phone, slide it unlocked, and press the screen to my ear, waiting to hear her voice, waiting until I can enjoy when she calls. But I know that I have to learn to love her, to wait until I feel the way she does and I'm thankful she's willing to wait for me, even though deep down, I don't know if I'll ever be ready for anyone.

"Miles?" She questions into the phone and I can't help but let out a small chuckle, "Yeah, who else?" I ask but immediately realize that she could be expecting anyone, it wouldn't be the first time I had a girl around while Chrissy calls me. We don't have an open relationship, but Chrissy allows me to be the way I am, or at least she pretends it doesn't hurt her.

We've never formally talked about anything because I know Chrissy would rather be lied to than to heart the very, very painful truth.

Chrissy's POV

I ignore his statement and take a deep breath before continuing, letting all of my insecurities flow away with my breath; something I learned to do when I met Miles.

I put a smile on my lips and answer the hottest guy in school.

"I can't wait for my roommate but also what if she's weird, you know green hair and that kind of stuff?"

"Or what if she smokes or has some weird problem or habit?" I squeal and I can practically hear Miles's lashes flapping into an eye-roll.

"It'll be fine, I'll come by later and check it out, if she's a freak, I'll never come again," Miles says and I giggle at his comment but I know he doesn't care as much as I do, and I can't expect him to, he's not my husband, he's just my boyfriend and sometimes, I don't even feel like he's that, sometimes I feel that all he is is a bad boy on good behavior.

"Fine, but don't be late . . . and you're taking me on a date," I say and he chuckles, the kind of chuckle you could replay over and over again. The kind that absolutely kills your stomach and makes you feel like god has completely taken over you.

"Yeah, I'll take you out, babe, I know a great place that made me think of you . . . you'll like it," he says and with that, I'm at peace. When he says something this romantic, it makes me feel like he's truly only mine and no one else, despite his bad habits and lifestyle.

"You can stay over too, you've got a sleepover bag or something, right?" he asks and I nod, a silly smile on my face, he can make me the saddest person in the world but the way he makes me feel when I'm the happiest person in the world because of him, is something that will always override any bad feelings toward the things he does.

"Okay, I can't wait," I say in a squeaky voice, and Miles chuckles before telling me he'll see me later and hanging up the phone.

I smile at my phone like a silly idiot but that's the way Miles makes me feel.

I let out a deep breath and look around the room, there's a lot to get done, and considering that my roommate was supposed to be here half an hour ago, I'm probably going to have more time to get everything ready because she's likely to be much later than just thirty minutes which makes me feel slightly lucky because now I'll be able to have everything extra ready and prepare myself for how my life is about to change.