Chapter 258

My feet slowly carry me into the bathroom, I can't believe this is our first night here; together, living in this house. It's perfect and I couldn't have asked for anything better than this.

I slowly turn the water on, noticing that Memphis is here with me too.

I can't help but smile at the small kitten wondering if what miles said was true, maybe it will never grow up into a bigger cat.

But even though it won't, I'll always love it, I'll always love the only thing that without me realizing, has always reminded me of the child we'll never have and even though I'll continue to want all of these things, I know that my relationship with Miles is worth not having them, because, without him, I wouldn't want them; not with anyone else and at least with him, I have the want and thirst for all things.

I slowly get out of my socks and pants before taking my shirt off. I realize that I have to shave my legs and a small surge of embarrassment washes over me but I end up smiling a the thought. I'm thankful that I have these feelings with Miles because I'm not sure I ever would have had them with Jace or anyone else.

I slowly remove my underwear and my bralette before reminding myself to go shopping for more bras, something that's a bra and not a bralette this time, despite the comfort.

"Come here little guy," I grab Memphis slowly, my knees bending down for me to grab the soft ball of fur into my hands, I hear purring and meowing but as soon as I hug the kitten to my bare chest, it calms down and starts to purr.

"You mean little girl," Miles's voice rings from behind me and my eyes go wide, turning my face to him.

"How did you? um, how did you--"

"You should probably lock next time," He says through his perfect teeth, "Not that I mind of course, but maybe for your sake." He finally looks down, his eyes taking their time to rake up and down my body.

"I'd be like that too if I was her," his voice is perfect as his eyes now look at my chest, as I try to cover it up from him. He's so good at handling naked bodies around him which only reminds me of the truth I want to stay away from me; as far away as it can. he'll always be my first and I his, in different ways, but in ways that are only ours; only for our understanding, something so special. I know that I'm his first, his first love, his first move-in, his first every good feeling, his first . . . everything.

"Shower together?" he asks, his brows raised and the famous Miles smile on his lips. I feel addicted and when he takes his shirt off, revealing his muscles and every sculpted tattoo on his body.

"Um, I . . ." but I never finish. he turns around quickly to lock the door while the smile stays on his lips.

"We don't need another situation," he says and I burst into laughter.

His hand reaches to my face as he slowly leans in to kiss me, his lips so perfectly pressed against mine while his other hand desperately unhooks his pants, letting his phone slip onto the floor so perfectly. but as his hands are both now on me, wh his pants still on as he grabs me and pulls me close and so tight, letting my arms and legs wrap around him as Memphis jumps onto the washing machine and slowly cuddles herself into a soft ball with closed eyes as she enjoys the heat coming from whatever is in the laundry.

I hear Miles's phone vibrate once and then twice and then without a stop and I pull him away.

"Don't worry," he says into my mouth, "If I was important, they'd call," he says and I'm glad he was at least thinking about if something was wrong like I was, but it doesn't even take another second before the phone rings.

Miles's hands are tight on my hips, holding me tight in place before he takes one hand to brush through his hair. His pants are still on and he grabs his shirt off the floor, handing it to me.