Chapter 254

Miles's pov

"You know, you two could come too," Hayley suggests and instantly I want to get out of this car.

I should have never agreed on driving her and I didn't; madison did and I don't mind living the consequences but when she acts as if my mother is any kind of friend to me, I know this is turning into bullshit.

"No thanks," I bark

"Miles," madison presses and I know exactly what I'm in for.

Madison doesn't know that she's only bringing bad luck onto herself, I have barely talked to my mom for the years I've been in college and high school and honestly halfway through middle school but of course, one of the first things she says to me after talking to me again was o ask for Madison's envelope, she knew exactly what that was and when she needed desperate money she knew her fucked up son would have brand new big cash from the last girl.

God damnit. I don't know what my mother is going to bring onto me this time, but I want nothing more than to pass.

"Fine," I fake smile at the both of them while Hayley offers me a satisfied stretch of her lips.

THE SAME FAMILIAR house greets us and I almost get shivers down my damned body, this is the last place I want to be but with Madison beside me, I have to allow something different into my life, if I hadn't; she wouldn't be beside me right now.

Madison looks back at me and I give her a fake exaggerated smile before rolling my eyes at the back of her head as we walk inside. This is a fucking mess.

"Hayley!" Pamela embraces her, then her eyes shift to me with a smile and then at Madison with the same look on her face but when she spots the ring on her finger, instantly, as if turning into another person, her smile is gone.

"You two can have a seat at the dining table," Pamela says, her smile fake and her eyes barely on Madison's.

Hayley and Pamela travel into the kitchen as if we're not even here. The first time she met Madison she acted like her best friend and now she's acting like her worst nightmare.

"let's go," I grab Madison's hand, leading her toward the door but she stays still.

"She's your mom . . . I want us to have some connection with the only family either of us has," God damnit, she's right, she always fucking is.

"Sure," I tell her and walk into the dammned dining room with Madison slowly following behind.

Madison's POV

"So Hayley tells me you two are dating?" hearing this from Miles's mother makes me realize just how little his family knows about us. While we've been in this chaotic storm that finally brought us together, no one around us seems to know just what we went through together.

"Yeah," Miles responds for us both. Pamela's face as hard as she watches both of us.

"A little more than dating?" his mother points subtly at the ring on my finger.

"What a beautiful little gem, a mistake on this girl, but beautiful." she quickly says after her last words and places my hand in hrs as she watches the small sparkle on the ring. Hayley looks more surprised than Miles's mother as they both watch my finger.