First encouter

Emily's POV:
I woke up in the morning with a pounding headache. I really didn't want to go to school, that involved getting up and socializing which I didn't feel like doing at all. The reason I was feeling like this was because my dad had left for the military again. He just left last night and I already missed him like crazy.

"Emily, honey? It's time to get up!" My moms voice rang through the house and I groaned but swung my legs off the side of the bed. The impact of the pull of my legs forced me to get on my feet. I checked my phone and saw that I had a few messages from my friends, Hanna, Aria, and spencer. I smiled to myself as I read their messages of support. They knew this was going to be hard for me and knowing that they were going to be there for me at school made me feel a million times better.

I showered, hoping the warm water would wash of all my sorrowful feelings. It only helped a little but I decided to look attractive today to make up for my butter mood. Funny, right?

I threw on some black skinny jeans and a white collared button down shirt. After I blow dried my hair, I loosely curled it and applied mascara to my eyes and a touch of lip gloss. I glanced at myself in the mirror and decided that I was satisfied enough. I grabbed my backpack and my keys and headed out the door.

"I'll see you after school!" I called out to my mom and she smiled weakly. I knew that she was being strong for me so I smiled back to reassure her.

I pulled into the school parking lot even though school didn't start for another fifteen minutes, I just needed some time to myself.

"Hey guys, we hangin' after school today?" I heard a voice call out beside my car.
I looked to see who had said that and I was not surprised to see Alison diLaurentis.

Everyone knew who she was. Nobody knew where she actually came from though, she never had her parents come to any of the school events so everyone just assumed she didn't have any. With that being said, she was still extremely attractive and her tough girl act made her seem even more sexy.

I snapped out of my thoughts as I realized what I was actually thinking. I sank deep in my seat as her and her clique of friends passed by my car. I couldn't help but stare at her, hoping she wouldn't see me. When they passed I breathed a sigh of relief. My phone buzzed and I looked at it in surprise.

From Ben:
Hey babe, where are you?

Oh shoot, I totally forgot I was supposed to meet Ben at our usual spot.

To Ben:
Sorry, I'm on my way.

Yeah, that's why I couldn't think about other girls in the way that I had been thinking about Alison. I was straight, not only was I straight, I was taken. I hurried to get out of my car and swing my bag out of the back seat. I turned quickly around and bumped into something hard.

"Ow, um, I'm sorry." I fumbled over my words and dropped on the ground to help pick up the persons papers.

"Don't let it happen again, punk." I looked up at the same time as my victim did and was shocked.

"It was an accident. Don't need to be so sassy about things." I muttered but I couldn't help staring into Alison's gorgeous eyes. Yep, you guessed it, I bumped into Alison. So ironic, I know.

"Shut up-" she said again but not as strongly as she had before she knew it was me. I shook my head and handed her the papers she had dropped, our hands brushed slightly and it sent shivers all down my arm. I hurried away, I was now even later to meet Ben. I was shaking from the intensity of Alison's touch. It literally made me go weak.
-------------------------------------------
Alison's POV:
God, people were so annoying. Who did Emily think she was bumping into me and then telling me not to be sassy. I do whatever I want, and I get whatever I want.

I pulled my gray beanie even further down on my head and hurried to catch up with my friends.

"Hey! What took you so long?" Noel Kahn asked me and I just shrugged. He didn't push me on the subject because he knew that I was in charge and nobody messed with me. That's why my encounter with Emily bugged me, she had the guts to tell me not to act a certain way and I did nothing about it. Not because I couldn't, but because I didn't want to.

Wow, wait. Nope. Not happening, I was not going to let some girl or really anybody come into my life and make me "soft" on the inside. I gave up on having feelings a long time ago. Feelings were for losers.

So why did I feel an electric shock as soon as Emily and I touched?

I shook it off and headed to class. Maybe it was nothing, I barely knew this chick but one thing I did know was that being in love made you weak, and being weak made you vulnerable. And one thing that I was definitely not, was vulnerable.